🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

R U Talkin’ U2 To Me?: Slowin’ It Down with Phoebe Robinson and Andy Daly

Phoebe Robinson (2 Dope Queens) and Andy Daly (Review) join Adam Scott Aukerman to discuss all things U2. Phoebe talks about the first time she heard U2, meeting her boyfriend at a U2 concert, and the gift she received from Bono. Then, Andy talks about his very specific U2 daydream, the first time he heard U2, and his experience with the U2 website. Plus, they share their Top U2 Songs and rankings.

• Like 1

The Lovable Lads From Liverpool are back! I love the REM show, but this is a reminder of how much more I like this (largely because of my own greater familiarity with and liking of the band). Thumbs up to Phoebe having the same favorite song and album as me.

This was superb, and nothing made me happier than the idea they are all gonna go see U2 together soon.

In the spirit of things, I threw together my top-10 U2 songs too. I don't particularly care for anything post 2000 so it's slanted to the earlier stuff.

A Sort Of Homecoming

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Hawkmoon 269

One Tree Hill

Twilight

Drowning Man

Even Better Than The Real Thing

So Cruel

Love Rescue Me

Magnificent

Updated script for Episode #31

Scott: And he says to Thedge, he says, he says, "Hey, you know what, on the next record, I don't want to do any songs about love. I-I-I just want to do songs about food. And we'll call it 'U Food'." And Thedge, he's like, "Bonobos, you're just hungry. C'mon, lets get you a plate."

Scott: Y'know, I've heard Bonobos is like that about everything.

Scott: There's a famous story, the band, the band was in the studio, cutting one of their classic-

Scott: -Farts

Scott: Yes, farts, and all of a sudden Bonobos is like "Stop. Stop, hold the presses. I have an idea. Let's make the album about going to the bathroom, and the band is like, "what?" And Bonobos is like, "we'll call it Ur-i-nation."

And then he starts sing-yelling 'UR-A-NATION' over and over. And Thedge is like, "Bonobos, do you need to use the bathroom?" And Bonobos is bouncing around on his feet and he's like "no, I just want to make an album about going to the bathroom." And Thedge is like "Bonobos, just go, go to the bathroom, we'll wait for you." And Bonobos is like, he's bouncing around even more now, and he has his hands over his crotch-area, and he's about to say something, but then he just turns and makes a b-line for the bathroom. And like a minute later he comes out, and they just finish up Achtung Baby, it's classic U2.

It makes sense that Andy Daly is a U2 fan because if you try to picture "U2 fan" in your head, Andy Daly is what comes up.

Enjoyed this episode, even though Scott stole my joke about Bad actually being good.

Sign in to follow this