🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 24.1 — Superman III Live: Bonus!

And now the exciting conclusion of our show at Largo! Our special guest is Jack O'Halloran who doesn't just tell stories from the sets of Superman I & II, but clues us into the life of the world's most infamous gangster's son. You can find video of the complete Largo show online in the Earwolf Store(thanks to John Pope for helping us put it together)and you can find Paul and June (and many more) at Largo this Saturday forPaul Scheer's Sexy X-Mas Spectacular!

Some day I'd like to hear an Earwolf podcast at not 4am, when I'm not doing a homework allnighter (but I guess someone has to give Julia Hays a run for her firsties spot, right?) ;-)
Anywho, I was also scared for Jason at some points. Glad everyone lived. Except for all those people who probably died "in the book", of course.
Jack's a real How Did This Get Made Man.
Ba doom *chsh*

• Like 1

Damn you, David Thomas! How dare you comment before me?! I'll have to get Jack O'Halloran on the case.
This interview was fantastic. Jack needs to star in a biopic of his life; he sounds like the most interesting guy in the world. Kudos to the HDTGM crew for an awesome two-part live episode; I hope to hear more like them in the future! I already have some guesses about what the holiday movie may be. I can't wait to see if I'm right!

• Like 1

My dad told me he played semipro football with Jack O'Halloran, and that he was really mean.

Aww, Foam Corner. We think alike. I'm not proud of how many times I've seen that movie.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mayCvk2P4f0

That was wild! Mr. O'Halloran has lived an "interesting" life and I'd like to read his book. I would have liked a few more anecdotes about the Superman movies, but still, great podcast.

Thank you guys so much for posting the video as well! Would love to be at an actual taping someday, but until that day/cross-country trip comes, this is a really nice alternative. Would definitely pay again for something like this if you continued taping the live shows!

Being from Australia this is the closest feeling i will ever get to seeing a live show of anything with some of my favorite comedians so thank you so much for posting this. Hope to see more videos of other live Earwolf shows in the future.

Jason was so funny in this episode, especially saying "*Great* horse." during the Godfather horse testicle story.

Jack O'Halloran must be real tough, what with threatening accountants and Juilliard graduates and avoiding traffic tickets because of who his dad was.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the episode was great, it's just that O'Halloran seems to be... embellishing his stories in order to sell his book, which is fine. It's clearly being marketed as a pure novel by the publisher, so characterizing it as non-fiction strikes me as misleading. I'm not claiming I know his life story, just that he strikes me as one of those guys who tells great stories, but you take what he says with a grain of salt.

It was a bit hard to hear that Christopher Reeve was kind of pompous- I always liked to think he was Clark Kent-ish in real life. But, it's only one person's side of the story.

Right on, John. Screw O'Halloran and his fake-ass force by intimidation. And, most importantly, fuck him in the ear for being mean to my dad 40+ years ago.

Jack's stories were great. Shame that some of them got interrupted half-way through by himself or others so we never heard how they played out. And also, I felt a little queazy about some of them. I get that much of the time he was just fighting to get paid for work he'd done, but we'll only ever get to hear his half of his encounter with Christopher Reeve, and other stories were really about a big guy pushing other people about.

Sign in to follow this