🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

Lakeview Terrace (2008)

This just popped up on Netflix and cant help but think it would make for an interesting episode. Regardless of whether or not you think this is a good movie, its one of those movies that genuinely makes you uncomfortable throughout.

To me its almost on the level of Mother! in terms of how uneasy it makes me feel watching it.

Samuel L. Jackson gives an amazing performance in this. He has the power to make you physically cringe with some of his line deliveries.

Plus it would be film number 2 to be covered from director Neil Labute following The Wicker Man.

Yeah Jackson gives a great performance in what ends up being a kinda ho-hum film. I will say though that the first trailer was great advertising in how involved his character was going to be with the lead couple with the reveal of him being a cop, as it seemed like it was just going to be a white/black film but adding in that the guy might be an overly-aggressive cop was a good touch for the film. If they do cover the movie, I at least want a couple minutes of discussion on the scene of Jackson watering his roof with a garden hose at half power while a roaring wildfire approaches the neighborhood, because when I saw that I just thought yeah that's going to save your home.

Its also nice that they didnt make Patrick Wilsons character entirely innocent throughout the movie. If Sam Jackson was just an unprovoked lunatic it wouldnt have been as interesting. That his character is somewhat instigating makes it a far more engaging.

Sign in to follow this