πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 45 β€” Walking The Room

Greg Behrendt and Dave Anthony have a podcast called Walking the Room that is considered by many "a podcaster's podcast." They leave their closet to join us in The Wolf Den to talk to us about the way the podcast has changed their careers, how listening to podcasts will change your life, and how a primarily guest-less podcast can find an audience. Plus, we get into the "fight" that didn't really happen between Dave and Jeff. Thanks to everyone who has used ourAmazon Affiliates linkto do their holiday shopping!

Interesting to hear Dave’s thoughts on going into the back catalogue of Uhh Yeah Dude and not being as into those episodes, because I actually have the opposite experience with them. Jonathan and Seth have the same rapport in every single show that makes it such a fantastic listening experience for me, but I guess that experience could feel different for other people. I just assumed everyone else was like me, but I was wrong.

I love Walking the Room! And it’s episodes like this that remind me I should keep up more with The Wolf Den.

Jake Fogelnest might be a good guy for the music podcast or perhaps John Mayer (he has a self-effacing, off-beat comedic tone). I am sure Earwolf has a connection with his CAA agent to get that conversation going.

this was the first real conversation on the show is quite some time. Many good points were brought up. I like earwolf but it still seems that it has too much overhead and is too UCB/Friend's of Scott Aukerman-Centric. That's not a bad thing, but it is limiting and has the same audience. There is a need to go outside of this world. I recently made a list of people that I think would make a good podcast unfortunately I'm not even sure they would make a large dent in the world and get more exposure. I'm not sure even sure that Jeff Dunham would get a large audience, although he is the type of person that I would try with. Being a network is proving to be a difficult thing especially when it's a career and not merely a supplement or hobby. but I wonder if Earwolf went away would any of the shows cease to exist.

Really enjoyed this episode. I loved how many times Dave and Greg would ask or suggest something and kind of chastise Jeff. "Do you have a street crew...no?...What the hell." I definitely feel like Earwolf has the personal feel that they think is missing. If you listen to all the Podcasts, not just one, you get a better feel of it. We hear about Randy and Jason's kids, Jeff's baby on the way, Kulap and Scott's marriage etc. The wolf den itself is the best example of this, the thanksgiving episode was one of the most personal episodes of any show I have ever heard. Hearing from not just the hosts but EVERYONE behind the scenes actually humanizes the network more than something like just hearing Maron talk about his life. You can see how much Earwolf connects and is important to so many peoples lives.

Jeff I am in that 92%, I am at Carnegie Mellon University. That show did. Joy run too long, I really like your content, the WalkingTheRoom guys are my weekend pleasure, Earwolf is my week-long mainstay, and when you decide how to drive revenue for the company, I'll support it however I can. It's an important thing you do, chin-up.

Good call on cutting the 2nd live piece out of the first Gelmania. No listener could possibly survive that much Gelmania. (in a good way, of course)

Ughhh... I started a longer post and then lost it, so I'll summarize:
It's natural to of course, but you shouldn't feel guilty having to drop support for a show that has no potential to generate income for the studio, or for working with a show to enact positive format changes. None of that will suddenly make you equivalent to corporate network suits who are giving vapid feedback and micromanaging the spirit out of their products.
Don't feel bad if you have to make executive decisions. Earwolf needs you to be that guy - it's a good thing.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I enjoyed this episode a lot. Dave and Greg are both very funny and sincere guys who are VERY easy to talk to for a long time. I'm glad I got the chance. The Wolf Den has afforded me the opportunity to chat with some amazing people.

And thanks David, that's good advice.

Sign in to follow this