Jump to content


Episode 187.5 - Minisode 187.5


32 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

    Earwolf Buddy

  • Administrators
  • 5,783 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:42 PM

Proposals, drive-in theaters, wearing a podcast shirt to a podcast taping and more on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Beautiful Creatures, Blake J. Harris interviews director Richard LaGravenese, and the Movie Bitches review Red Sparrow. Plus, important info on next week’s movie!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli...wdidthisgetmade
Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:
You can see Jason, June, and Paul in The Disaster Artist.
Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on A Futile and Stupid Gesture, Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Opening Night, and Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Blockers, Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.
Jason can be seen in The Good Place, The House, The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.
listen to carmen christopher on the latest ep of my podcast trends with benefits twb.cool

#2 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:38 AM

dave sanders must be kicking himself

#3 hotironskillet

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

Just for the record, I have two "What's Up Jerks" shirts because they are different colors, but it seemed superfluous to mention that on the phone call.

#4 Cinco DeNio

    The Mark of the group

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

"What if we all had a countdown clock on our hands?"
Posted Image
Mary Lane: (singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."
-- Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

Offscreen critic: "What was that s**t with the window?"
-- La La Land (2016)

#5 Elektra Boogaloo

    Mistress of All Agonies

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:00 AM

Am I the only one not seeing this in iTunes?

#6 Smigg.

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostElektra Boogaloo, on 04 May 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

Am I the only one not seeing this in iTunes?


It's on Youtube.

#7 Smigg.

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

The title of this movie just reminds me of the Opie and Anthony show, who had a delusional security guard known as "Master Po", who firmly believes that the "Hip Hop Abs" guy ripped him off, so he was going to bring out his own dancercise work out called "Body Rock".

This man is a boob.



#8 Sadie

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:18 AM

I was thinking of In Time, with Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried. It's a digital clock on their arm, not hand, but that's the "death countdown" film I thought of.

#9 Cinco DeNio

    The Mark of the group

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:36 PM

View PostSmigg., on 04 May 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

The title of this movie just reminds me of the Opie and Anthony show, who had a delusional security guard known as "Master Po", who firmly believes that the "Hip Hop Abs" guy ripped him off, so he was going to bring out his own dancercise work out called "Body Rock".

This man is a boob.




Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?
Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.
Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.
Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.
Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?
Ted: I would go for the 7.
Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.
Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?
Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".
Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?
[Hitchhiker convulses]
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.
Ted: That - good point.
Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.
Ted: Why?
Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're fuckin' fired!

https://www.imdb.com...t0129387/quotes
Mary Lane: (singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."
-- Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

Offscreen critic: "What was that s**t with the window?"
-- La La Land (2016)

#10 Smigg.

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

View PostCinco DeNio, on 04 May 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?
Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.
Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.
Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.
Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?
Ted: I would go for the 7.
Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.
Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?
Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".
Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?
[Hitchhiker convulses]
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.
Ted: That - good point.
Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.
Ted: Why?
Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're fuckin' fired!

https://www.imdb.com...t0129387/quotes


The funny thing is, before I posted, I did put "8 Minute Abs", before remembering that's from There's Something About Mary.

I would post the videos of him talking about it, but O&A, and Jim Norton make some jokes in them that probably aren't for this forum.

#11 Cameron H.

    Jabber-whoppin'

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,076 posts
  • LocationWerewolf Warehouse

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

...someone has a Drive-in fetish.
Chilly: I'm telling you, man, if we had management, we'd be riding around in limousines, wearing leather pants, and buying condos. Can I eat this roast beef?
Body Rock (1984)

Seb: Maybe you just liked me when I was on my ass 'cause it made you feel better about yourself.
La La Land (2016)

#12 Cam Bert

    Foreign Correspondent

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

By the time I came around drive in theaters were a bit of a thing of the past. I asked my dad about them once. Not knowing how they worked I asked "Why couldn't you just sit across the street and watch the movie for free?" to which he said "Why do you think they all went out of business." I believed I genuinely hit upon the answer for longer in life than I should have.
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#13 Ryan Sz

    Technically a scientist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

If they're doing this I really hope they get around to City Dragon one day which mixes bad 90s hip hop with the horrible production of an after school special and the moral preachiness of a Tyler Perry movie.
2018 DLM Challenge: 219 movies (189 new) https://letterboxd.c...vies-challenge/
2016 DLM Challenge: 618 movies (478 new)
"I'm gonna fuck the 'Mind of Mencia' out of you!" - Paul Scheer
"Fuck you, I watched this fucking movie bro!" June Diane Raphael
"Everyone is a fucking idiot in this movie!" - Zouks
"How's yo dick?" - Nicole Byer

#14 gigitastic

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:19 PM

Totally random but to Sara (Sarah?) whose boyfriend wants to propose to her: I don;t know what your boyfriend likes but have you thought about maybe a really nice watch? or if you DO want to do a ring there are some pretty cool looking rings for guys that aren't like just basic wedding bands. He could wear it on his ring finger until the wedding and maybe then move it to his other ring finger? Whatever you choose good luck to you guys ! I'm SUCH a sucker for all these HDTGM happy life stories!

#15 gigitastic

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

Alright with this talk of Die Hard two I need to know:
Who does better naked Tai Chi William Sadler or Jason Mantzoukas?

(Also yes Paul its Gigi-tastic)

#16 taylor anne photo

    A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

View Postgigitastic, on 04 May 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

Alright with this talk of Die Hard two I need to know:
Who does better naked Tai Chi William Sadler or Jason Mantzoukas?

Posted Image
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#17 Smigg.

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:08 AM

This has nothing to do with anything, I just love this so much.

Posted Image

#18 JimKata

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:27 AM

Having kids ride into the drive-in in the trunk was a trick to get out of paying for them. Hate to break it to you Paul, but your parents were cheapskates.

#19 The Triple Lindy

    Google Dark Caster

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationThornton Melon School of Business, Grand Lakes U

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

The only thing better than winning the Nothing Prize for Fucking Douches is getting Paul to do his Jeremy Irons impression.

#20 gigitastic

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

View PostSmigg., on 04 May 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

The title of this movie just reminds me of the Opie and Anthony show, who had a delusional security guard known as "Master Po", who firmly believes that the "Hip Hop Abs" guy ripped him off, so he was going to bring out his own dancercise work out called "Body Rock".

This man is a boob.




His website is called Masterpoeisback.com I need to know where exactly he went so I may avoid those places.