32 replies to this topic

#21 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

finally saw The Villainess ... I loved it. I couldn't follow half of it and some of it was so-so but when it was good it was really good. the action/cinematography/choreography would make Neveldine & Taylor jealous. it's a bit overlong but well worth a watch. the lead, Kim Ok-bin, kicks ass ... I'm exhausted

#22 Smigg.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:37 PM

View Postgigitastic, on 05 May 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

His website is called Masterpoeisback.com I need to know where exactly he went so I may avoid those places.

I think he had to change his website because he originally had it as Master Po's, which ended up with it being spelled "masterpos", and people took the piss out of him, because it made it look like "Master POS". which lead to a brief period of him being "Master Piece of Shit".

It's got me listening to the old O&A bits all about him, and he's such a douche. If you ever want some background noise, just do a youtube search for "O&A Master Po".

#23 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

Ah just saw Tawny Newsome was one of the guests at Largo last night! So excited to hear her talk about one of the ones done (I have no idea which show she did) cause she's hilarious!
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#24 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

View PostSmigg., on 05 May 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

This has nothing to do with anything, I just love this so much.

Posted Image

You're not supposed to take a dive BEFORE the match!
Mary Lane: (singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."
-- Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

Offscreen critic: "What was that s**t with the window?"
-- La La Land (2016)

#25 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

View PostJimKata, on 05 May 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

Having kids ride into the drive-in in the trunk was a trick to get out of paying for them. Hate to break it to you Paul, but your parents were cheapskates.

Well duh! His dad spent all his money on laserdiscs.
Mary Lane: (singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."
-- Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

Offscreen critic: "What was that s**t with the window?"
-- La La Land (2016)

#26 Smigg.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:19 PM

View PostCinco DeNio, on 06 May 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

You're not supposed to take a dive BEFORE the match!

Buy the T-Shirt!

Posted Image

#27 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:15 AM

first(ish) episode of unspooled is up ... http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

it sounds good. i hope i can keep up. paul was saying there are a few episodes already recorded but there will be a forum so hopefully there will be some listener feedback involved.

#28 Cameron H.

Jabber-whoppin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts
  • LocationWerewolf Warehouse

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:11 PM

View Postfirsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, on 08 May 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

first(ish) episode of unspooled is up ... http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

it sounds good. i hope i can keep up. paul was saying there are a few episodes already recorded but there will be a forum so hopefully there will be some listener feedback involved.

I’m going to feedback the fuck out of it.
Chilly: I'm telling you, man, if we had management, we'd be riding around in limousines, wearing leather pants, and buying condos. Can I eat this roast beef?
Body Rock (1984)

Seb: Maybe you just liked me when I was on my ass 'cause it made you feel better about yourself.
La La Land (2016)

#29 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:31 AM

I finally actually got to listen to this episode today, but Paul there is a really good indie movie called TiMER starring Emma Caulfield where once you turn 16 you are given a timer in your arm that counts down to when you meet your soul mate. It's surprisingly cute and I saw it on Netflix but I'm not sure it's there anymore, but I recommend searching for it fo sho.
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#30 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 10 May 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

I finally actually got to listen to this episode today, but Paul there is a really good indie movie called TiMER starring Emma Caulfield where once you turn 16 you are given a timer in your arm that counts down to when you meet your soul mate. It's surprisingly cute and I saw it on Netflix but I'm not sure it's there anymore, but I recommend searching for it fo sho.

I will agree that this is a surprisingly cute movie that deserves a little more love. Also much better than In Time. I actively dislike that movie.
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#31 grudlian.

Debbie Downer Award Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:45 PM

View PostCam Bert, on 10 May 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Also much better than In Time. I actively dislike that movie.

I thought you meant About Time and was thinking "hmm... is this where Cam Bert and I become enemies?"

#32 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

View Postgrudlian., on 10 May 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

I thought you meant About Time and was thinking "hmm... is this where Cam Bert and I become enemies?"

Oh no, I love About Time. That is a great movie that everybody should watch! Bring some tissues for that one.
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#33 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:21 AM

I'm just going to jump in on the About Time love, because I feel like it's a movie not enough people know about so I take the opportunity to express how great it is any chance I get!
"Warning: Detected synaptic seepage. Neural failure within 24 hours... Welcome to Newark."
- Johnny Mnemonic (1995)

"I love that the demographic for this podcast is, like, college professors." - Rob Huebel