🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 187.5 - Minisode 187.5

Proposals, drive-in theaters, wearing a podcast shirt to a podcast taping and more on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Beautiful Creatures, Blake J. Harris interviews director Richard LaGravenese, and the Movie Bitches review Red Sparrow. Plus, important info on next week’s movie!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepublic.com/user/howdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

You can see Jason, June, and Paul in The Disaster Artist.

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on A Futile and Stupid Gesture, Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Opening Night, and Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Blockers, Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Good Place, The House, The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

Just for the record, I have two "What's Up Jerks" shirts because they are different colors, but it seemed superfluous to mention that on the phone call.

• Like 7

"What if we all had a countdown clock on our hands?"

Michael-York-2.jpg

• Like 5

Am I the only one not seeing this in iTunes?

It's on Youtube.

The title of this movie just reminds me of the Opie and Anthony show, who had a delusional security guard known as "Master Po", who firmly believes that the "Hip Hop Abs" guy ripped him off, so he was going to bring out his own dancercise work out called "Body Rock".

This man is a boob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzrv7HSBIXw

• Like 2

I was thinking of In Time, with Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried. It's a digital clock on their arm, not hand, but that's the "death countdown" film I thought of.

• Like 4

The title of this movie just reminds me of the Opie and Anthony show, who had a delusional security guard known as "Master Po", who firmly believes that the "Hip Hop Abs" guy ripped him off, so he was going to bring out his own dancercise work out called "Body Rock".

This man is a boob.

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?

Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.

Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Ted: I would go for the 7.

Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.

Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?

Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".

Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?

[Hitchhiker convulses]

Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Ted: That - good point.

Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Ted: Why?

Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're fuckin' fired!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129387/quotes

• Like 1

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?

Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.

Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Ted: I would go for the 7.

Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.

Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?

Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".

Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?

[Hitchhiker convulses]

Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Ted: That - good point.

Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Ted: Why?

Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're fuckin' fired!

https://www.imdb.com...t0129387/quotes

The funny thing is, before I posted, I did put "8 Minute Abs", before remembering that's from There's Something About Mary.

I would post the videos of him talking about it, but O&A, and Jim Norton make some jokes in them that probably aren't for this forum.

• Like 2

By the time I came around drive in theaters were a bit of a thing of the past. I asked my dad about them once. Not knowing how they worked I asked "Why couldn't you just sit across the street and watch the movie for free?" to which he said "Why do you think they all went out of business." I believed I genuinely hit upon the answer for longer in life than I should have.

• Like 5

If they're doing this I really hope they get around to City Dragon one day which mixes bad 90s hip hop with the horrible production of an after school special and the moral preachiness of a Tyler Perry movie.

• Like 3

Totally random but to Sara (Sarah?) whose boyfriend wants to propose to her: I don;t know what your boyfriend likes but have you thought about maybe a really nice watch? or if you DO want to do a ring there are some pretty cool looking rings for guys that aren't like just basic wedding bands. He could wear it on his ring finger until the wedding and maybe then move it to his other ring finger? Whatever you choose good luck to you guys ! I'm SUCH a sucker for all these HDTGM happy life stories!

• Like 2

Alright with this talk of Die Hard two I need to know:

Who does better naked Tai Chi William Sadler or Jason Mantzoukas?

(Also yes Paul its Gigi-tastic)

• Like 4

Alright with this talk of Die Hard two I need to know:

Who does better naked Tai Chi William Sadler or Jason Mantzoukas?

tumblr_o6ec3qlEXB1sjbi8oo6_250.gif

• Like 5

This has nothing to do with anything, I just love this so much.

ccb.gif

• Like 3

Having kids ride into the drive-in in the trunk was a trick to get out of paying for them. Hate to break it to you Paul, but your parents were cheapskates.

• Like 4

The only thing better than winning the Nothing Prize for Fucking Douches is getting Paul to do his Jeremy Irons impression.

• Like 8

This man is a boob.

His website is called Masterpoeisback.com I need to know where exactly he went so I may avoid those places.

• Like 2

finally saw The Villainess ... I loved it. I couldn't follow half of it and some of it was so-so but when it was good it was really good. the action/cinematography/choreography would make Neveldine & Taylor jealous. it's a bit overlong but well worth a watch. the lead, Kim Ok-bin, kicks ass ... I'm exhausted

His website is called Masterpoeisback.com I need to know where exactly he went so I may avoid those places.

I think he had to change his website because he originally had it as Master Po's, which ended up with it being spelled "masterpos", and people took the piss out of him, because it made it look like "Master POS". which lead to a brief period of him being "Master Piece of Shit".

It's got me listening to the old O&A bits all about him, and he's such a douche. If you ever want some background noise, just do a youtube search for "O&A Master Po".

• Like 2

Ah just saw Tawny Newsome was one of the guests at Largo last night! So excited to hear her talk about one of the ones done (I have no idea which show she did) cause she's hilarious!

• Like 3

This has nothing to do with anything, I just love this so much.

ccb.gif

You're not supposed to take a dive BEFORE the match!

• Like 2

Having kids ride into the drive-in in the trunk was a trick to get out of paying for them. Hate to break it to you Paul, but your parents were cheapskates.

Well duh! His dad spent all his money on laserdiscs.

• Like 5