🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Slowing It Down with David Wain

Adam Scott Aukerman take a break this week from discussing R.E.M.’s discography and instead welcome film director and friend David Wain to talk about his experiences in an R.E.M. tribute band. Scott reads his favorite reviews of the podcast so far and David shares the secret to playing drums before listing his Top 10 R.E.M. Songs of All Time. Plus, David shows off his Jimmy Stewart on an episode of “There’s Always Time For Impressions.”

• Like 2

"it's been!"

i do wonder how long it's actually been...

also, nice shoutout to record exchange (now called cd/game exchange) in cleveland.

i use to work there and they fired me for eating my boss's chicken sandwich by accident.

good times.

• Like 1

That desynced "You Shook Me All Night Long" David made was fucking hysterical

• Like 5

"These Charming Men?"

"This Charming Band."

Listening to the Scotts react to "How Does It Feel (To Be In R.E.M.? (Good))" was a real delight.

• Like 3

David's version of You Shook Me All Night Long is the funniest thing I've ever heard

• Like 1

It's crazy how Wain's humor/delivery/everything was so totally in sync with Scott and Adam. Really enjoyed listening to the three of them.

Gonna also echo the comments about the AC/DC thing, lol I still laugh just thinking about it. Can someone put it on youtube or something so I can easier listen over and over?

• Like 2

Youtube is chock full of vandalized songs like that. Check out pluffnub's YT page, what's even funnier is when he turns the vocals offkey.

The bit with the 800 number where they lost the premise had me in tears all 3 times I listened to it, and I'm chuckling now just remembering it.

Sign in to follow this