🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

The Thirteenth Floor (1999)

So i've always felt like this movie never got a fair shake when it first came out, it was released the same year as another big sci fi movie you might have heard of called The Matrix. So it was of course negatively compared in alot of reviews. Which is even funnier given that the Matrix franchise imploded in on itself into self parody in the following two sequels.

But this was actually a pretty fun movie, Vincent D'nofrio is great in it, and I've always had a soft spot for Bierko so I was happy to see him in a leading role.

• Like 2

Hell yeah, a movie that features State Farm!

This film just didn't have any press in the UK when it came out and almost passed me by if it was not for a then little known band (HIM) having a song in the film that I used to see on the Viva music channel all the time. The scenes from the film got me intrigued in it and I sought it out when it came out on VHS and to be honest I liked it back then when I first saw it and still like this film now. It has a great concept behind it and I liked how it all ties together.

Yea i'm going all in, the plot of this movie is significantly better in terms of concept than the Matrix. Its basically the plot of the Rick and Morty episode where they go into the micro universe that powers his spaceship and discovering they've also created their own micro universe.

Bump for this, I watched this again recently and its just such an enjoyable movie despite its flaws. D'nofrio in particular deserves credit, he's great in both roles. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this