🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 188 - Body Rock: LIVE!

The fact that you posted a Creed gif above this makes me want to sing this speech to the tune of "Higher." You asshole.

I would see that version of Othello. I now NEED to see that version of Othello. Please someone out there make a version Othello or really any Shakespeare play using shitty Christian rock and youtube captions. In fact I will take any shitty "rock" bands from the early 2000's in that weird Nickleback / Creed style. I'm sure you could get Creed if you promised them $20 and lunch. I guess in 2009 they went on tour and in one city tickets sold for 75 CENTS so ...

• Like 2

But why a belt AND suspenders?

To draw attention to that sweet sweet chest hair and show off how svelte his waist is. Duh.

• Like 4

I can only hope that project would be this... ya know, but giant.

cross-stitch-graffiti.jpeg

I guess I have to defend Chilly on this one. To be sure, his clothes are ridiculous, but I'm pretty sure they are actually clothes designed and made for men regardless of their flamboyancy.

giphy.gif

This might be one of the most worthless gifs every put on this board, but you can just make out the buttons, which are on the right side of Chilly's shirt (where men's shirts button.) The pixelation is so bad that no still image would capture the buttons.

The 80s were a weird but glorious era of fashion.

I swear to god my mother had that outfit without the graffiti on it and with sleeves and buttons.

• Like 1

Of course art is all completely subjective but in talking about modern art, especially like the one you pictured, that is not what Dude Who's Name I Forgot But Youtube Called Signor did at all. His art was street art and honestly the stuff Terrence had on his wall was, in my opinion, rather good. You never really see what kind of paintings Claire did except for what I assumed were her own handmade curtains that she painted hanging up. Other than that you never actually what kind of art these artists did. So if they were trying to poke at the modern art culture then they were failing.

ART HISTORY NERD OUT TIME

Also, if they were really trying to poke at the modern art culture, then they failed by having one of the two females with lines be their representative of modern art. Why? Modern art, and modern art spaces, are inherently misogynistic. When art museums were first created they were created to look like the home, because that's where people would want to hang art and these museums would be representative of what people would want to see inside their home. But then modern artists came along and decided that they didn't want their space to be "feminine" because women belonged in the home and they didn't want women in their spaces. So they created what is called the "white cube" for their pieces, like the one above. So when I think about Claire then being the artist representation it makes double no sense because this movie is terribly misogynistic to begin with so if it's trying to label the woman as the problem by being the artist in Chilly's life instead of labeling the man, Donald, that built this space to begin with then it's only adding to the problem in the art world instead of solving anything.

Claire kind of reminds me a bit of several of the Warhol Superstars who were just sort of around at the Factory and were in several of Andy Warhol's films but who i personally don't think of as very talented artists. I think Clair just sort of dabbled in anything and everything she found interesting be it painting, break dancing, singing whatever. I feel like Donald might have tried to maybe keep that kind of vibe going collecting interesting art people to be interesting and fun to be around. I could definitely see him trying to be a apart of that scene in the 60's and 70's when it was at its peak. I have no idea why I'm over analyzing a person who had like maybe 10 words total in this whole shitfest of a movie other than the fact I have a sinus infection and have forgotten what it's like to breathe so you guys get to see my Donald headcanons because why the fuck not.

• Like 2

I would see that version of Othello. I now NEED to see that version of Othello. Please someone out there make a version Othello or really any Shakespeare play using shitty Christian rock and youtube captions. In fact I will take any shitty "rock" bands from the early 2000's in that weird Nickleback / Creed style. I'm sure you could get Creed if you promised them $20 and lunch. I guess in 2009 they went on tour and in one city tickets sold for 75 CENTS so ...

Would you settle for a scene of Jesus being crucified with this playing?

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 3

The 80s must have had an art boom because I don't know too many genuine artists that are getting money thrown at them by business moguls.

There definitely was: Keith Haring and Basquiat, for two famous examples.
  • Like 2

There definitely was: Keith Haring and Basquiat, for two famous examples.

I mean I know that there were talented artists making money in that time, as there typically are in every decade, but what I mean was that the public conscious of artists must have been in a boom.

This does make me think though that their famous street artist Whos Name I Can Not Remember But Youtube Told Me Was Signor must be based on Basquiat because he was a graffiti & street artist and that actor they got to play that dude does share a resemblance to him.

Also, nothing like seeing that an extremely famous artist had international success and died by the age of 27 to make you look at your own 28 years of life...

• Like 3

Also, nothing like seeing that an extremely famous artist had international success and died by the age of 27 to make you look at your own 28 years of life...

With all respect to all the modern members of the 27 Club, surely the most impressive member of the genius dead in their 20's group (if it's true that he actually died!) was Christopher Marlowe: I always bring him up in class as a motivation to students, knowing that Marlowe had not only travelled the continent, served as a spy, and got his degree from Cambridge, but also completely reinvented English play structure (he perfected iambic pentameter, his 'mighty line') and wrote Dr Faustus, Tamburlaine the Great (I and II), The Jew of Malta, The Massacre at Paris, and Edward the Second, all before getting stabbed in the face in a bar fight. All by the age of 29. So yeah, Taylor, I'm with you on looking over at others' achievements by a certain age and feeling a little inadequate...

https://www.biograph...marlowe-9399572

• Like 5

I mean I know that there were talented artists making money in that time, as there typically are in every decade, but what I mean was that the public conscious of artists must have been in a boom.

This does make me think though that their famous street artist Whos Name I Can Not Remember But Youtube Told Me Was Signor must be based on Basquiat because he was a graffiti & street artist and that actor they got to play that dude does share a resemblance to him.

(Not an exact quote but from memory)

"It is a sobering thought, for example, that when Mozart was my age he had been dead for two years."

-- Tom Lehrer in a song intro

• Like 3

(Not an exact quote but from memory)

"It is a sobering thought, for example, that when Mozart was my age he had been dead for two years."

-- Tom Lehrer in a song intro

Since now we're talking about extremely talented people and other talented people that feel like they're not doing enough - Matt Sharp wrote this song for The Rentals about comparing himself to Elon Musk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taupuK6oND4

• Like 2

Mary Shelley -- 19 when she wrote Frankenstein.

Lafayette -- general in the US revolution* by age 19, leader in the French revolution aged 32.

John Keats -- dead by 26.

Paul Dirac -- formulated the Dirac equation at age 25-26.

*Most of the "Founding Fathers" were barely older than kids themselves (Hamilton, Burr, Hale all were teens or in their early 20s)

• Like 4

Lafayette -- general in the US revolution* by age 19, leader in the French revolution aged 32.

*Most of the "Founding Fathers" were barely older than kids themselves (Hamilton, Burr, Hale all were teens or in their early 20s)

please.gif

• Like 5

Everyone is compsring themselves to ridiculously influential people. I sometimes think "When my dad was my age, he had an 11 year old child." That's too much for me to imagine and it's not like my parents were particularly exceptional.

• Like 5

Would you settle for a scene of Jesus being crucified with this playing?

[media='']

[/media]

It will do for now. I have to admit I can't hear this song without thinking of Gob from Arrested Development

• Like 1

I'd like to add that Alexander the Great was dead at 32 and he conquered most of the classical world so... the fact that I felt proud of myself for showering and ordering groceries the other day might be just a *tad* pathetic.

• Like 3

Since now we're talking about extremely talented people and other talented people that feel like they're not doing enough - Matt Sharp wrote this song for The Rentals about comparing himself to Elon Musk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taupuK6oND4

I don''t know why but Elon Musk just emits a sad and annoying energy to me. I do not care for his face

• Like 1

I don''t know why but Elon Musk just emits a sad and annoying energy to me. I do not care for his face

Oh I think he's gross but this song is hella catchy and I understand Matt Sharp's woes lol.

• Like 2

Okay, time for another Body Rockin' Master Po fact.

When Master Po worked security at XM, the identification for certain women would get "lost" during the process, and then Master Po would conveniently find them, and then drive to the woman's house to return it.

Shit like that is what got him mocked on air, and then eventually shit canned.

• Like 2

I'd like to add that Alexander the Great was dead at 32 and he conquered most of the classical world so... the fact that I felt proud of myself for showering and ordering groceries the other day might be just a *tad* pathetic.
On the flipside, Enrico Dandolo was 94 years old when his venetian pirates crusaders conquered Constantinople!
  • Like 3

Oh I think he's gross but this song is hella catchy and I understand Matt Sharp's woes lol.

I may have played it like 4 times today and it might now be one of my new favorite songs

• Like 2

Okay, time for another Body Rockin' Master Po fact.

When Master Po worked security at XM, the identification for certain women would get "lost" during the process, and then Master Po would conveniently find them, and then drive to the woman's house to return it.

Shit like that is what got him mocked on air, and then eventually shit canned.

As a single woman this sounds like something out of horror story.

• Like 4

As a single woman this sounds like something out of horror story.

He was a HUGE scumbag.

What he would do is he'd go on dates, and more often than not, they would go terribly. Well, one of them had the foresight to e-mail the staff at the show, basically saying "This guy is a scumbag", so Master Po, thinking he was a slick operator, sent out his own e-mail saying "Do not open any e-mails from these addresses, they're viruses, and they will steal your identity and use it against you!".

It's par for the course for a man refused to divulge his name to such a point where he'd sign into places as "Po, Master".

• Like 3

Musical Monday cross-over: Josie and the Pussycats perform "Out Tonight" from Rent.

ETA: The article that alerted me noted Rosario Dawson's roles in both Rent and the Josie movie.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 3

Musical Monday cross-over: Josie and the Pussycats perform "Out Tonight" from Rent.

ETA: The article that alerted me noted Rosario Dawson's roles in both Rent and the Josie movie.

[media='']

[/media]

I might have been obsessed with the Joise and the Pussycats movie soundtrack as a ten year old. I honestly thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. For a whole summer I would listen to it obsessively on my discman.