150 replies to this topic

#141 gigitastic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 17 May 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

Since now we're talking about extremely talented people and other talented people that feel like they're not doing enough - Matt Sharp wrote this song for The Rentals about comparing himself to Elon Musk.

I don''t know why but Elon Musk just emits a sad and annoying energy to me. I do not care for his face

#142 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:23 AM

View Postgigitastic, on 17 May 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

I don''t know why but Elon Musk just emits a sad and annoying energy to me. I do not care for his face

Oh I think he's gross but this song is hella catchy and I understand Matt Sharp's woes lol.
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#143 Smigg.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:14 AM

Okay, time for another Body Rockin' Master Po fact.

When Master Po worked security at XM, the identification for certain women would get "lost" during the process, and then Master Po would conveniently find them, and then drive to the woman's house to return it.

Shit like that is what got him mocked on air, and then eventually shit canned.

#144 joel_rosenbaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:13 PM

View Postgigitastic, on 17 May 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

I'd like to add that Alexander the Great was dead at 32 and he conquered most of the classical world so... the fact that I felt proud of myself for showering and ordering groceries the other day might be just a *tad* pathetic.
On the flipside, Enrico Dandolo was 94 years old when his venetian pirates crusaders conquered Constantinople!

#145 gigitastic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:32 PM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 17 May 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Oh I think he's gross but this song is hella catchy and I understand Matt Sharp's woes lol.

I may have played it like 4 times today and it might now be one of my new favorite songs

#146 gigitastic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

View PostSmigg., on 17 May 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Okay, time for another Body Rockin' Master Po fact.

When Master Po worked security at XM, the identification for certain women would get "lost" during the process, and then Master Po would conveniently find them, and then drive to the woman's house to return it.

Shit like that is what got him mocked on air, and then eventually shit canned.

As a single woman this sounds like something out of horror story.

#147 Smigg.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:23 PM

View Postgigitastic, on 17 May 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

As a single woman this sounds like something out of horror story.

He was a HUGE scumbag.

What he would do is he'd go on dates, and more often than not, they would go terribly. Well, one of them had the foresight to e-mail the staff at the show, basically saying "This guy is a scumbag", so Master Po, thinking he was a slick operator, sent out his own e-mail saying "Do not open any e-mails from these addresses, they're viruses, and they will steal your identity and use it against you!".

It's par for the course for a man refused to divulge his name to such a point where he'd sign into places as "Po, Master".

#148 joel_rosenbaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:12 AM

On a positive Body Rock note, I just recalled this (old school?) Mos Def track:

#149 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:01 AM

Musical Monday cross-over: Josie and the Pussycats perform "Out Tonight" from Rent.
ETA: The article that alerted me noted Rosario Dawson's roles in both Rent and the Josie movie.

Mary Lane: (singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."
-- Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

Offscreen critic: "What was that s**t with the window?"
-- La La Land (2016)

#150 gigitastic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:42 PM

View PostCinco DeNio, on 18 May 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

Musical Monday cross-over: Josie and the Pussycats perform "Out Tonight" from Rent.
ETA: The article that alerted me noted Rosario Dawson's roles in both Rent and the Josie movie.

I might have been obsessed with the Joise and the Pussycats movie soundtrack as a ten year old. I honestly thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. For a whole summer I would listen to it obsessively on my discman.

#151 CaptainAmazing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:57 AM

One thing I’m surprised the hosts didn’t get into is how ridiculously dedicated so many in this movie (and presumably in real life) were to this trendy form of dance that was almost at the end of its lifespan when this movie came out. What did they even do with themselves afterwards? Does that sort of make the whole movie a nihilist statement?