Episode 545 - Casual High Technology with Wajatta

7 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton Maltz

Foruman

• Moderators
  • 813 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:54 PM

Old friend and colleague Reggie Watts and fellow musician John Tejada join Scott to play songs off the new album Casual High Technology from their project Wajatta. Then, former sports fan Ming drops by to discuss the ins and outs of cult life. Later, upstairs neighbor Margarite Shoes comes down to report an emergency.

#2 maple stirrup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationYeonggwang-gun, South Korea

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:59 PM

REGGIE!!!!!!!

#3 Neato As Fuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:41 AM

Posted Image

#4 Mathey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:33 AM

"Then you have to go 'Cult Turkey'."

"Okay, enough, right?"

#5 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

I would gladly join Ming's cult even without knowing the name.

I recently learned that Jeremy plays "Jamie" on the Progressive insurance commercials, which is really funny because that guy is CONSTANTLY getting clowned.

#6 Neato As Fuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:03 PM

View PostKickpuncher, on 14 May 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

I would gladly join Ming's cult even without knowing the name.

I recently learned that Jeremy plays "Jamie" on the Progressive insurance commercials, which is really funny because that guy is CONSTANTLY getting clowned.

I hadn't seen these commercials, so I binged one up, and I think you might be wrong about that... Jim Cashman plays Jamie, but Jeremy was in one https://www.ispot.tv...-tool-tool-room

#7 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:26 AM

View PostNeato As Fuck, on 14 May 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

I hadn't seen these commercials, so I binged one up, and I think you might be wrong about that... Jim Cashman plays Jamie, but Jeremy was in one https://www.ispot.tv...-tool-tool-room

That makes a lot more sense, because I never really thought they looked the same based on episode photos of Jeremy (but still similar enough that I could believe it without really having seen him anywhere else).

(PS, the comments on that page are hilarious. These people seem to genuinely not understand the concept of humor.)

#8 NameThatPunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

View PostKickpuncher, on 15 May 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

(PS, the comments on that page are hilarious. These people seem to genuinely not understand the concept of humor.)

When there's a run of lots of comments like that all saying the same thing my first thought is it's always some weird troll group trying to bring something down. There's no way that many people could give a shit about a Progressive commercial

Also some classic accent word this sode.
Top Ten Punkys on the board