🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 164 - The Price Is Right (w/ Allen Maldonado, Nyima Funk, Maribeth Monroe, Jaime Moyer)

Paul F. Tompkins is the mysterious voice that welcomes all back to Spontaneanation! This time out, Paul’s special guest is actor Allen Maldonado of The Last OG! Allen chats about what he would have his evil twin do if he had one, his mother having his family go on The Price Is Right on their 18th birthday, and a string of bad luck events that started and ended with car accidents. Then, they are joined by improvisers Nyima Funk, Maribeth Monroe, and Jaime Moyer, to improvise a story set at The Price Is Right. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

Am I hearing things or are there Pod F. Tompkast-esque sound effects during the interview?

I heard noise in the file as well. Throughout the ep, actually, but mostly audible in the opening conversation.

I thought it might have been notifications from someone's phone, but it was an unusual sound for that and I'm not sure why they wouldn't have immediately turned it off if that was the case.

But anyway, this episode was a lot of fun [side note, I originally typed "funk" here, which is an incredible Freudian typo]. As someone with nearly zero exposure to soap operas, the whole phenomenon amuses and fascinates me.

Sign in to follow this