🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
SlidePocket

Musical Mondays Week 39 Preview (Taylorannephoto's 3rd Pick)

(obviously I'm looking at you, Taylor, because I assume you've seen it...)

How dare you sir...... yes, I saw season 1......

There are certainly a couple of episodes that leave you rolling your eyes but they lean so hard into the ridiculous teen drama that it ends up working. I cut the chord so I haven't gotten the chance to see season 2 yet but a friend of mine adored it.

• Like 7

There are certainly a couple of episodes that leave you rolling your eyes but they lean so hard into the ridiculous teen drama that it ends up working. I cut the chord so I haven't gotten the chance to see season 2 yet but a friend of mine adored it.

Season 1 is a fun teen show and I really loved it.

Season 2, they realized they were successful and ramped up everything that worked to a point of excess. Its awful, mostly because they took these dark storylines that were also fun and a little silly and recreated it with zero fun.

In the last episode there was a riot in the streets. Twice this season, there have been mother/daughter combos murdering an intruder in their home. Archie is the dumbest kid in the world and has formed multiple vigilante groups this year. Jughead runs gang that seems to only have teens?

I hate it so much, but I watch tv with my friend every Tuesday and she insists we have to finish the season lol

• Like 4

I'm in the "never seen" camp for this movie, but I am ready to make the trek across the lake to the "have seen" camp.

64X5.gif

It should be fun!

• Like 9

(I accidentally posted this in the Body Rock thread originally.)

Musical Monday cross-over: Josie and the Pussycats perform "Out Tonight" from Rent.

ETA: The article that alerted me noted Rosario Dawson's roles in both the Rent and Josie movies.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 2

Watched Josie and the Pussycats yesterday and today and I have two words: Product placement!

• Like 1

I watched it guys (twice) and I gotta say... I get it.

I think I'm a "Val"

d3vkruM.gif

• Like 3

I watched it guys (twice) and I gotta say... I get it.

I think I'm a "Val"

d3vkruM.gif

I took that quiz ... I'm a "Megastore Cynical Girl"!

tumblr_inline_o2gi32Bf6M1tkkzx2_500.gif

• Like 2

I also watched season 1 recently. I haven't started season 2 yet, but I found the first season infuriatingly compelling. Like, I think it took 3/4 of the season before I was sure whether or not I was enjoying it. And then, as soon as I did, they revealed that

IT WAS ALL ABOUT MAPLE FUCKING SYRUP!

(I accidentally posted this in the Body Rock thread originally.)

Musical Monday cross-over: Josie and the Pussycats perform "Out Tonight" from Rent.

ETA: The article that alerted me noted Rosario Dawson's roles in both the Rent and Josie movies.

[media='']

[/media]

ALSO I'M VERY MAD AT YOU FOR POSTING THIS BECAUSE I'VE HAD THIS SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL DAY

• Like 1

ALSO I'M VERY MAD AT YOU FOR POSTING THIS BECAUSE I'VE HAD THIS SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL DAY

Guys we're on day four and it's not going away. Is there a doctor or something that can help with this?

• Like 1

Guys we're on day four and it's not going away. Is there a doctor or something that can help with this?

Listen to Pretend to be Nice a few times? That's what's been stuck in my head since I've watched this movie.

Unless you want no songs stuck in your head. Then I can't help.

• Like 1

Listen to Pretend to be Nice a few times? That's what's been stuck in my head since I've watched this movie.

Unless you want no songs stuck in your head. Then I can't help.

I've had that Elon Musk song stuck in my head ever since we had that conversation about comparing yourself to people younger than you.

Okay so the first half of season 2 of Riverdale was amazing and I loved it and then they seemingly ended this big mystery with the most obvious answer that still just doesn't seem right to me and now they've moved on in the second half and I legitimately couldn't make it through this next episode because suddenly the FBI are going to teenagers and trying to get them to be undercover like that's a thing that would actually fucking happen and I'm already rolling my eyes at everything. It was way more believable that these kids would just take things on themselves because of the fact that no adults would believe them and their findings but now that an actual adult is using Archie for FBI investigations without first going to a single adult is the most unbelievable bull shit yet.

• Like 2

Okay so the first half of season 2 of Riverdale was amazing and I loved it and then they seemingly ended this big mystery with the most obvious answer that still just doesn't seem right to me and now they've moved on in the second half and I legitimately couldn't make it through this next episode because suddenly the FBI are going to teenagers and trying to get them to be undercover like that's a thing that would actually fucking happen and I'm already rolling my eyes at everything. It was way more believable that these kids would just take things on themselves because of the fact that no adults would believe them and their findings but now that an actual adult is using Archie for FBI investigations without first going to a single adult is the most unbelievable bull shit yet.

You're going to get even angrier as it goes on. It gets dumber. Archie is the dumbest kid in television.

• Like 2

You're going to get even angrier as it goes on. It gets dumber. Archie is the dumbest kid in television.

It was already so dumb that it made me commit a run-on sentence.

• Like 2