🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 97 — Santa Anas!

Janie Haddad Tompkins insists that she suffers from murderous rage, but we refuse to believe that anyone could treat her wrong! She's a writer, performer, vlogger and actress who minds her manners and donates to the homeless. What's not to love? Anyone who sends her into murderous rage from now on have two podcasters to answer to! Enjoy!

I'm glad you all survived the wind storms... and Janie's alleged murderous rages.

Despite Haddad's alleged hatred of ditzes, she sounds well ditzy here. "Like, like...", etc. Despite being from... South Carolina? Maybe that's just her public facade. [DELETED]

Jesus, and then the "We deserve a decompressing two week vacation in Paris" shit after the "I feel betrayed when my friends aren't as artistic as me" rant. First world bullshit. I'm never listening to this podcast again. Please die.

Dear Samson: you sound like a lovely person.

Ditzy? I thought that she was rather quick: "Are you going to celebrate with a dime bag?"

I've been having trouble with the sound on this podcast. I have to turn the volume very low because the voices seem elevated to the point that I hear crackles in my headphones.

I'm really trying to work on my criticism and spewing of haterade, especially since I don't even have a podcast with which to back it up, but I am inclined to agree with Samson. JHT did come across as ditzy. It was conflicting because at first I assumed that she's very young and doesn't realize it, but then she made a reference to her and her husband being older when the got married. Regardless, I did warm up to her pretty quickly, and enjoyed the dialogue between her and Elizabeth.

One thing I can't get past - how is it that Elizabeth and Andy have been together for a gazillion years, during which Elizabeth has evidently expressed disdain for Branson, MO repeatedly, without her husband knowing until just recently that's she's never even been there? I mean, you'd think it would have already come up. Right?

Sarah, from the 10 or so episodes I've listened to, I've determined that Elizabeth and Andy don't seem to talk to each other outside of this podcast. :P

EDITED TO ADD: Apologies for writing something that was considered inappropriate. I felt I was just being honest about my thoughts. I'm not here to argue about what should or should not be posted on these boards. However, is there a specific guideline for forums somewhere on the site? [i mean other than the don't post spam, etc....] I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Ugh what a snark-fest. Well I for one enjoyed this episode, thanks to everyone involved.

I haven't listened to this yet but guh! I wish I knew someone like Janie Tompkins, she's like candy and puppies infinity.
Only girls I know are complete stone-faced bitches :-I

I'm sorry, Scott Aukerman :(

Tom Brien, you either need to make new female friends, or move.

Tell me I'm wrong, but don't you think that when Janie started to recount her decision to stop dating men, focus on herself, and take a "journey into inspiration" you guys left a pretty easy masturbation joke on the table?

Do I really need to clarify...? no personal insults, no death threats, no casting aspersions upon someone's personal life... common sense...

Feel free to discuss the content of the show, what was talked about, and even the guests or hosts personalities, as many of these shows are all about "likeability" or whatnot. It's when you start veering into mean speculation about their personal lives that I start deleting and blocking.

Also, everyone stop hiding behind the "am I not supposed to criticize a show?" argument. You know when you're being obnoxious.

No personal insults, I did not finish this episode. I left it sitting at 35 minutes remaining on my ipod and no need to go back, [DELETED].

I'm listening again today (big re-watcher, re-reader, re-listener), and Janie's voice and soothing cadence are inspiring me to be more mellow and easy-going.

Sign in to follow this