🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 188.5 - Minisode 188.5

I would dread to hear the music that guy would be singing..

You don't have to imagine. I mean, if you remember the 90s and 00s.

• Like 2

I remember the movie being beautiful and visually interesting, but i don't remember it being good...

I saw it in theaters and couldn't really tell you anything about the story, so obviously I didn't find it THAT memorable.

But I also don't recall it being something obviously HDTGM worthy. Like it was an interesting experiment that turned out just kind of okay-ish.

• Like 2

I remember it being really boring. Paul apologized a bunch for it... all in all, it does not bode well.

On the other hand... it is calling to me...

tumblr_inline_nb3qlbiycF1sc3ygs.gif

• Like 5

I remember it being really boring. Paul apologized a bunch for it... all in all, it does not bode well.

On the other hand... it is calling to me...

tumblr_inline_nb3qlbiycF1sc3ygs.gif

That really looks like two people sitting in a boat and not two actors sitting in front of a green screen said no one ever.

• Like 4

holy shit tick tock man!!!!!!!!!!!!

kuKgKvP.jpg

https://news.avclub....apte-1826207016

This movie's cast is getting fucking out of control. It's so good!

I just hope they do everyone better in this one than they did Ruby Rose in JW2, who was so disappointingly underutilized.

• Like 1

After a re-watch. I did not remember Sky Captain being so mind numbingly fall asleep boring , I also thought it was a " three-hander" and remembered Angelina Jolie's part to be bigger.. I kept expecting her to also be the robot girl.

This is one of those movies that you feel through everyone's performances they smugly thought " this will be HUGE"

I prefer the fun bad movies Sky Captain was just BAD bad.

This movie's cast is getting fucking out of control. It's so good!

I just hope they do everyone better in this one than they did Ruby Rose in JW2, who was so disappointingly underutilized.

i just hope we get to see jason get his ass kicked by keanu

i just hope we get to see jason get his ass kicked by keanu

Hey, man. I have some questions about the logic of "THE LAKE HOUSE?"

BAM!

• Like 6

BAM!

"WTF was up with you and Sandy B's bird-like kissing in that movie?"

• Like 1

or ...

BAM!

ok .... sorry for asking ....oh hi halle ... can i ask you about that basketball scene in catwoman?

SMACK!

ouch, sorry for asking ... oh look, there's mark dacascos ... mark! can i ask you about that trial scene in the island of dr mor. ...

Wallop!!!

it could be a fun day at the office for jason....

the cast looks crazy good though. can't wait

If Jason became the Deadpool of the John Wick universe and broke the fourth wall to ask each actor about their shitty movies I would say this installment would in fact be the best of all three.

• Like 2

Was I the only one who thought Scarlett Johansson was in SKY CAPTAIN? I guess I am confusing it with THE SPIRIT? But, like, who can tell the difference anyway?

• Like 1

Was I the only one who thought Scarlett Johansson was in SKY CAPTAIN? I guess I am confusing it with THE SPIRIT? But, like, who can tell the difference anyway?

No I legit thought she was in this movie the WHOLE time I ever knew about its existence.

• Like 1

I'm really disappointed that my revelation that Lorenzo was IN Grease didn't make it in after yours.

I agree, I thought that was definitely the cherry on top of the theory. I thought for sure he was going to throw it in as a one-two punch..

• Like 2

I agree, I thought that was definitely the cherry on top of the theory. I thought for sure he was going to throw it in as a one-two punch..

My guess is that I came in with that gem just too late and they had already gathered everything for him to read.

• Like 1

So I just finished Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow and, while it's certainly not the greatest movie, is pretty dull, and was doomed for commercial failure from the start, I think I.... like it.

giphy.gif

It gives me the same aesthetic pleasure as, say, watching Downton Abbey, where nothing bad is going to happen to the nice, well-meaning, well-dressed handsome people on screen as everyone is polite to everyone else. Except here, that aesthetic is faux-1930s serials rather than BBC period dramas.

• Like 3

Tried watching this, found it hideously boring, so went right back to playing God of War.... BOY!!

It gives me the same aesthetic pleasure as, say, watching Downton Abbey, where nothing bad is going to happen to the nice, well-meaning, well-dressed handsome people on screen as everyone is polite to everyone else.

Hey they at least lost a daughter to the flu and Dan Stevens to a car crash so you can't say that nothing totally bad happens.

Hey they at least lost a daughter to the flu and Dan Stevens to a car crash so you can't say that nothing totally bad happens.

Oh, I know, I'm being a bit disingenuous. I was just trying to give another example of a TV show or a movie where watching it just sort of.... feels nice. Thinking about it now, Downtown Abbey is a bad example because it's just better executed in its chosen format. I should save this for the show thread, but Sky Captain is a story probably better told serialized... like a serial. Maybe even in a video game where you can craft actual characters with CGI and further engage the viewers/players by giving them a feeling of control over those stock characters.

• Like 1

Oh, I know, I'm being a bit disingenuous. I was just trying to give another example of a TV show or a movie where watching it just sort of.... feels nice. Thinking about it now, Downtown Abbey is a bad example because it's just better executed in its chosen format. I should save this for the show thread, but Sky Captain is a story probably better told serialized... like a serial. Maybe even in a video game where you can craft actual characters with CGI and further engage the viewers/players by giving them a feeling of control over those stock characters.

Oh I was just pulling your chain because lbr if those actors hadn't wanted to leave the show nothing bad would've ever happened to that family.

• Like 1