đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 39 Josie and the Pussycats

Lol - That might be from before your time.

When they did Streets of Fire, someone on (I think) the first page of the thread said that the music was written by Jim Steinman - which was totally fine. But then, on like every subsequent page, some rando would write the same exact thing. I mean, they would be, like, literally right on top the other. It was ridiculous. They would post it with such authority, too. Like, “nobody’s pointed out this yet! I can’t believe it!”

(See also: ”Mee-la not My-la” [as Fister pointed out] and “that’s not how maxi pads work” from Jupiter Ascending; and the definition of “disaster” from Lifeforce. There were a few others I can’t remember right now.)

Anyway, it became kind of an inside joke to make fun of people that don’t read the thread and just want to post their shit. It’s just kind of rude. Be a part of the conversation, you know? Don’t just shout into the void hoping to get a C&O read.

I was reading the forums around that time, but perhaps not participating as much as I do now. Must have missed this whole thing.

I just thought it was something to do with Steinman himself, like he'd been caught up in some controversy of stealing people's material or something. But nope, it's an inside joke about the forum. Thanks for the explanation!

• Like 4

Hello movie-watching friends! Since you all enjoy both podcasts and movies, I thought, if you can forgive my boldness, I could plug my own latest podcast appearance here. I recently made my second appearance on the podcast Hellbent for Horror, this time as the only guest, where the host S.A Bradley and I talk about the intersection of horror fiction, reality, religion, politics, power dynamics, mental illness, and even a bit of Heavy Metal. I am pretty proud of it, so if that sounds up your alley, give it a listen!

https://hellbentforhorror.com/2018/05/24/episode-071-defenders-of-the-faith/

• Like 4

(See also: ”Mee-la not My-la” [as Fister pointed out] and “that’s not how maxi pads work” from Jupiter Ascending; and the definition of “disaster” from Lifeforce. There were a few others I can’t remember right now.)

Most recently that dude that posted the Geostorm tag line info literally not only right after I did but an hour after I did so he would have had to be staring right at it as he wrote his entire post.

• Like 4

Thanks for the pick Taylor! I went ahead and bought it streaming since it was the cost of two rentals. Will probably start buying the picks where practical. I've often wanted to watch the pick again just to catch more as people discuss but frequent renting gets costly. :-)

• Like 4

Thanks y'all for going on this wild ride with me! I hope y'all got a good look into my pre-teen hood lmao.

• Like 8

Thanks y'all for going on this wild ride with me! I hope y'all got a good look into my pre-teen hood lmao.

Thanks, Taylor! I didn’t love it, but I’m glad I watched it.

• Like 6

I'm a couple months away from my pick but am zeroing in on a couple. Unfortunately my main pick is really only available on Netflix in the US. (Not sure if it's easier for CamBert and others.) Would that be OK or do I need to pick something more widely available? People seemed to be OK with Om Shanti Om so I'm hopeful.

• Like 3

Don't worry, Taylor. I love it for at least two people.

• Like 5

DuJour means sacrificing for a friend!

• Like 5

Don't worry, Taylor. I love it for at least two people.

tenor.gif

• Like 4

I'm a couple months away from my pick but am zeroing in on a couple. Unfortunately my main pick is really only available on Netflix in the US. (Not sure if it's easier for CamBert and others.) Would that be OK or do I need to pick something more widely available? People seemed to be OK with Om Shanti Om so I'm hopeful.

As one of the international users, I will say that you shouldn't let our access stop you from proposing your preferred movie. We'll figure it out!

• Like 4

Thanks for the pick Taylor! I went ahead and bought it streaming since it was the cost of two rentals. Will probably start buying the picks where practical. I've often wanted to watch the pick again just to catch more as people discuss but frequent renting gets costly. :-)

I also bought it but that was mostly because I knew in like six months I'm really going to watch it again. I've been thinking about buying it before and deemed it an unnecessary expense, so thanks Taylor for forcing my hand!

b8a262e9-b0a7-4c40-875a-8d9438987acd.gif

• Like 4

tenor.gif

I didn't want to say anything but I am. I really am.

• Like 3