🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
rcv801

They Live (1988)

RIP Roddy.

I know right. What's even more upsetting about his death is that he seemed to have his head on pretty straight as a pro wrestler, you never really heard stories of him abusing drugs or steroids, in an era when most everyone was, and he had maintained a decent relationship with his family despite being on the road for most of the year. Was hoping to meet him next week at a convention if only to see if he'd sign a picture of him wearing the explosive codpiece from Hell Comes to Frogtown. Also, can we agree that if there was ever a Mt. Rushmore of B-Movie stars it would have Bruce Campbell, Robert Englund, Roddy Piper, and Lance Henriksen?

• Like 2

Well I don't know if this is a good trade or not but since Piper passed he is no longer going to be attending Stockon Con this coming weekend. So who do they replace him with but none other than Bai Ling. I know she ain't in the same stratosphere as Piper, but that might be an equally entertaining celebrity meeting.

• Like 2

When I first starting listening to this podcast 'They Live' was the first movie that came to mind that I wanted to hear Paul, Jason, and June discuss.  There would be affection for the awesome one-liners that came out of it, but also plenty to talk about in its janky plot.  This definitely needs to be done and I couldn't stop myself from reviving this 3 year old thread 😀.

On 3/23/2013 at 2:13 PM, choochoo_the_wonder_slut said:

I wouldn't call this a bad movie at all, and it still holds up pretty damed good 25 years later. It's pretty good for what it is. Sure, I wouldn't cast Roddy Piper in "There Will Be Blood" or anything, but he was better in this movie than any other former WWF wrestler has ever been in anything else. I'm surprised Hollywood hasn't rebooted it yet to be honest.

By the way the South Park guys did the fight scene shot for shot here.

I love this movie as much as the next guy (this fight scene in particular is great), which is why I want the episode.

Are you out of your fucking mind?  This is one of the best films of the 80's.  It's pretty absurd, but it's an awesome movie.