🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
sillstaw

Show Dogs (2018)

At first I didn't think this movie would be anything special. It looked like a terrible kids' comedy with dumb fart jokes, lots of actors who should know better (Will Arnett? Really?), and a premise that knocks off "Miss Congeniality" but with dogs.

Then I read that there's a plot point in the movie that the undercover dog* has to learn that it's okay to let strangers fondle its junk. I'm not kidding. They literally have a plot point, in a kids' movie, about how it's okay for people to touch your genitals. This has naturally led people to accuse the film of normalizing child grooming by pedophiles.

Unfortunately, I'm now learning that the controversy about this particular plot point is enough that the distributor is recutting the movie for its second weekend and beyond in theaters. (Haha, like it'll have a third weekend in theaters.) So much as I hate endorsing piracy, it might be best to find an illegal copy with this WTF plot point in it if it wants to be featured on HDTGM.

* Is it really necessary to send a police dog undercover in a dog show? Wouldn't it be easier to use an actual show dog for whatever undercover shenanigans they need to engage in?

It's not so much that it's okay that its junk is being touched just because, but because that's a part of the dog show judging procedure and this cop dog had no idea that was a part of it. It didn't need to be in the film, but people are making way too much of this, especially a crap movie like this, to the point I wouldn't be surprised if the studio started this outrage to try and generate any kind of buzz for this film.

• Like 1

Yea if you're making a garbage movie about a dog show, I'm pretty sure you're almost required to make that terrible joke.

I'm almost entirely sure nobody involved in this movie was aiming to normalize pedophilia in any way.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this