Musical Mondays Week 40 Preview (CakeBug Tranch's 3rd Pick)

22 replies to this topic

#21 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:10 AM

I have a question unrelated to this week's pick.

I found out Roger Daltrey is touring and performing Tommy. He's coming to Philadelphia in a couple weeks. I've never listened to the original record. Is it weird to hear a "rock opera" with various characters but all performed by the same one or two singers? It seems like I would have trouble distinguishing whoever is supposed to be speaking at the time. "You Never Heard It" would be one example.
Mary Lane: (singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."
-- Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

Offscreen critic: "What was that s**t with the window?"
-- La La Land (2016)

#22 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostCinco DeNio, on 31 May 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

I have a question unrelated to this week's pick.

I found out Roger Daltrey is touring and performing Tommy. He's coming to Philadelphia in a couple weeks. I've never listened to the original record. Is it weird to hear a "rock opera" with various characters but all performed by the same one or two singers? It seems like I would have trouble distinguishing whoever is supposed to be speaking at the time. "You Never Heard It" would be one example.

A very good question. Does Daltrey really perform 'Fiddle About' in concert? I can't imagine how that would go over.
Perkins: "What are you telling me this for? I was there, you idiot!" Exposition is hard, The Hurricane Heist

Vandergelder: "It takes a woman all powdered and pink to joyously clean out the drain in the sink!" I doubt this will work out the way you're hoping, Hello, Dolly!

HDTGM No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#23 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:01 AM

Hello from the other side (of the world)... Again I feel bad for being so off the grid for so long but I want to try and change that... I saw La La Land when it came out and I remember I liked it back then, Although I haven't seen it since and I still think Whiplash is a better movie I want to see if La La Land "holds up" or is really "Selfish White People problems: The Movie"

Looking forward to discussing this with you guys 😊