🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 189.5 - Minisode 189.5

When is it the right time to date after a 3 year break up? Would a female Sky Captain be better? These questions and more are answered on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Blake J. Harris interviews Sky Captain’s Visual Effects Supervisor Greg Anderson, Paul opens up the Mail Bag, and the Movie Bitches review Every Day. Plus, important info on next week’s movie!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our new website over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepublic.com/user/howdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

You can see Jason, June, and Paul in The Disaster Artist.

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on A Futile and Stupid Gesture, Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Opening Night, and Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Blockers, Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Good Place, The House, The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

Oooof, Hurricane Heist... It's almost as if it was written specifically to be featured in this podcast. It ( almost ) takes the fun out of watching it.

It's real REAL dumb.

• Like 3

I haven’t listened to the episode yet so maybe Paul covers this, but, just as a head’s up, Hurricane Heist will be available to rent on June 5th.

I don’t want anyone to feel like they have to pay full price if they don’t want to.;)

• Like 7

I haven’t listened to the episode yet so maybe Paul covers this, but, just as a head’s up, Hurricane Heist will be available to rent on June 5th.

I don’t want anyone to feel like they have to pay full price if they don’t want to. ;)

thank.gif

• Like 6

I don’t want anyone to feel like they have to pay full price if they don’t want to.;)/>

Those poor Chicago show attendees having to pay full price.

• Like 4

Oh boy! This movie looks stupid so there should be lots to talk about let me just look it up on Google. Okay, now to see what is called here... okay, now to see the Japanese release date... no currents plans to release it in Japan announced...

IllustriousSpotlessJerboa-size_restricted.gif

Whelp, have fun you guys!

• Like 7

I am so excited they are coming to BAM! It's within walking distance from me and my sister is a member so I'm going to force her to buy me cheap tickets (If someone of you want cheap tickets... maybe message me. I'd like to go with someone. She seems uninterested. I don't know how we're sisters.)

I will say we saw Hannibal Buress do stand up at BAM the other day and his intro is videos from his DJ (they kind of went on too long) with a lot of bad movie footage that I recognized. She was like "HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS STUFF?" I was like "I listen to How Did this Get Made!" I remember there being Over the Top., Gymkata, some ninja movies. But not Last Dragon, so what gives?

• Like 9

Oh boy! This movie looks stupid so there should be lots to talk about let me just look it up on Google. Okay, now to see what is called here... okay, now to see the Japanese release date... no currents plans to release it in Japan announced...

As if you can get away with not suffering with the rest of us.

• Like 5

Paul I have so many recommendations for lenses!!!! I'd be more than happy to discuss what you're wanting to shoot!

Without really knowing what you're photographing I think that the 50mm is obviously a stellar one to have and that's primarily what I shoot portraits with but there are a ton more that I'll tell you about.

If you're wanting to do more portraits I would look into an 85mm lens. They are definitely pricier than most lenses because of how quality they are, and they get pricier as the f-stop number goes lower. The 85mm 1.2 is literally the creme of the crop though so if you are wanting the best of the best I would go with that one.

A 35mm is also a super solid everyday kind of lens that isn't as zoomed as the 50mm but also is pretty accurate to what we would probably frame with our own eye.

I also have a 20mm lens for wide angle shots when I'm trying to grab large groups of people and extremely large landscapes or architecture. The wide angle lenses aren't my favorite but they definitely come in handy if you're like me and at the Cliffs of Moher and want to get an impressive view of everything you see.

Finally, if you really want a zoom lens that is high quality I would go with a 70-200mm telephoto lens. These are no joke. They're heavier than anything else and also pricier but so worth it if you're far away from a subject but really want to get in on it. It's pretty much what I use when photographing weddings because I can be on the other side of the ceremony or reception and still get up on the couple without disturbing any of the guests. These are also the lenses you'll see sports photographers use on the sidelines. They're giant and usually require a monopod just to hold the lens itself, but those are probably closer to the 70-300 or 150-600 lenses.

• Like 6

Also holy shit was there no winner this week??? Lol of course the week where I think "Oh I've got this one IN THE BAG" there's no winner. That's what I get for assuming lol!

• Like 7

I watched the movie when they aired it on Sky Cinema, the people who made it.

It's fucking awful and perfect for a podcasting.

• Like 3

I’ll skip it with you in solidarity, bro.

tumblr_mkrb87OOHG1qcbojfo1_500.gif

• Like 4

Might be time to head to the Dark Web.

• Like 3

Rob Cohen's becoming a favorite of the podcast. Stealth, The Boy Next Door, almost had a DragonHeart episode, and now this. The Skulls, xXx, and even the original Fast and Furious would all be solid options for their next foray into Rob Cohen's work.

• Like 5

Also holy shit was there no winner this week??? Lol of course the week where I think "Oh I've got this one IN THE BAG" there's no winner. That's what I get for assuming lol!

You wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin. You win. Yay! (To the classic HDTGM C&O winner ditty)

• Like 4

Rob Cohen's becoming a favorite of the podcast. Stealth, The Boy Next Door, almost had a DragonHeart episode, and now this. The Skulls, xXx, and even the original Fast and Furious would all be solid options for their next foray into Rob Cohen's work.

Let's also include Daylight pretty soon.

• Like 2

For those that love Paul's stories about his job at Blockbuster, he is on Brooks Wheelan's podcast "Entry Level" today where it's all about the jobs you had before you could quit and do comedy (or other shit) full time.

• Like 5

For those that love Paul's stories about his job at Blockbuster, he is on Brooks Wheelan's podcast "Entry Level" today where it's all about the jobs you had before you could quit and do comedy (or other shit) full time.

I will listen to this immediately. I love the Blockbuster stories.

• Like 2

Let's also include Daylight pretty soon.

I forgot he did Daylight too. It's hard not to feel like he dedicated his career to making movies tailor made for this podcast.

• Like 1

I'm five minutes in and I am so glad I started the thread in the recommendation section, especially after seeing a FUCKING DEMONIC SKULL in the hurricane! I'm starting to wonder with these recent releases if studios are trying to Producers this by releasing a clearly horrible film in the chance it gets picked up for this show, leading to a huge increase in revenue from rentals or ticket sales.

• Like 1

This movie was kind of fun. It's ridiculous nonsense, of course, but at least it's lean and fast-moving.

THANKS for the Camera Lens stuff. I'm realizing I didn't go deep enough with my Blockbuster stories on Brooks Show. I had to split focus.

• Like 3

THANKS for the Camera Lens stuff.

Of course! Please never ever hesitate to attack me with any photo related questions you have because I get a little overly excited to talk about it.

(Also happy 69th post hahahaha I'm an adult)

• Like 5