🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
hebmskebm

Full Body Massage (1995)

Full_Body_Massage_VHS_cover.jpg

You know those low budget indie movies that are more or less about a few people hanging out in a single location, shooting the shit, ruminating on life? That's this movie, except with a pair of giant boobs jiggling around in every scene. The entire film revolves around a woman (Mimi Rogers) getting a nude massage while chatting up her massage therapist (Bryan Brown). Literally, that's it. And it's a full length, 93 minute movie.

What makes it interesting to me is the hilarious disparity between what the movie is trying to be and what it actually is, which is late night Skinemax softcore, except with legitimate actors. It's trying so hard to make it seem like the faux-intellectual conversations between the masseuse and the client are some profound statements on various topics (work, parents, artistic fulfillment, etc.) Like everyone involved was in steadfast denial of what kind of movie they were actually making.

I would love to hear Jason and June's, let's say, contrasting views on the artistic merits of this film.

Also if you guys did this film and had all your podcast listeners and live show attendees watch, I'm pretty sure it would triple the number of people who have watched this movie for more than ten minutes, if you get my drift.

The whole thing is available for free on YouTube.

This genre of movies in the 90's was the fucking worst. Mainly because it was the 90's and even the characters that were supposed to be more nuanced and enlightened now come across as idiots.

The crazy thing about this movie is that the director is Nicolas Roeg, who did some of the most acclaimed films of the 1970s: "The Man Who Fell to Earth," "Don't Look Now" and "Walkabout." And then in the 90s he did this. The 80s were not kind, needless to say.

Sign in to follow this