Jump to content
AlmostAGhost

Upcoming Episodes

Recommended Posts

Just to piggyback on the last post, if you find yourself in the situation that I did, in that the Redux version was free at my local library while the Original version was not, you can note the changes in this quite precise and meticulous list: https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=769

Having seen both versions, I enjoy both, but the original is certainly tighter (which is saying something for a 147 minute movie).  If you've never seen either version before, I would definitely recommend shelling out the few bucks to see the original version.

Share this post


Link to post

Ep 20: Apocalypse Now

Ep 21: The Lord Of The Rings- The Fellowship Of the Ring

Ep 22: Psycho

Ep 23: Raiders of the Lost Ark

60s, 70s, 80s, 00s

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Apocalypse Now is still unavailable on subscription streaming services, readily available for rental

The Lord Of The Rings- The Fellowship Of the Ring can currently be streamed from Netflix (at least in the US).

Psycho can currently be streamed from Starz for those with Starz subscriptions, and can also be streamed from Amazon with the Starz package.

Raiders of the Lost Ark can currently be streamed from Amazon Prime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, bleary said:

Apocalypse Now is still unavailable on subscription streaming services, readily available for rental

The Lord Of The Rings- The Fellowship Of the Ring can currently be streamed from Netflix (at least in the US).

Psycho can currently be streamed from Starz for those with Starz subscriptions, and can also be streamed from Amazon with the Starz package.

Raiders of the Lost Ark can currently be streamed from Amazon Prime.

I believe Psycho (and most of Hitchcock’s movies) is being removed at the end of September. So if you want to watch it before it leaves Starz, I’d do it as soon as possible :)

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/25/2018 at 7:14 AM, Cameron H. said:

I believe Psycho (and most of Hitchcock’s movies) is being removed at the end of September. So if you want to watch it before it leaves Starz, I’d do it as soon as possible :)

According to Shudder's website, they Psycho, in addition to a number of other Hitchcock movies.

Filmstruck does not (it has 15 different Hitchcock movies)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bleary said:

Guess I have to start checking Shudder now 🙂

Given the number of horror/horror-adjacent movies on the list, I suspect you'll mostly be in the clear. 

Since it's October, I was thinking of signing up again, and when checking what they had, Hitchcock stuff was listed close to the top.

Share this post


Link to post

semi-official mini-update

on today's mini-episode of HDTGM, Paul mentioned Unspooled and that these 3 movies were ones he watched. Probably stands to reason The African Queen is right after the next two already confirmed ones, but I guess it's possible he skipped a week in there since he was just being conversational.

Ep 22 - Psycho

Ep 23 - Raiders Of The Lost Ark

(soon) - The African Queen

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

semi-official mini-update

on today's mini-episode of HDTGM, Paul mentioned Unspooled and that these 3 movies were ones he watched. Probably stands to reason The African Queen is right after the next two already confirmed ones, but I guess it's possible he skipped a week in there since he was just being conversational.

Ep 22 - Psycho

Ep 23 - Raiders Of The Lost Ark

(soon) - The African Queen

Psycho - Shudder

Raiders - Amazon Prime

African Queen - Netflix

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

10/11 Ep 22 - Psycho

10/18 Ep 23 - Raiders Of The Lost Ark

10/25 Ep 24 - The African Queen

11/1 Ep 25 - Duck Soup

heartthrobs: Bates, Ford, Bogey, Harpo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Psycho is still on Shudder

Raiders Of The Lost Ark is still on Amazon Prime

The African Queen is still on Netflix

Duck Soup will be harder to find on subscription streaming services.  Occasionally it pops up on TCM's On Demand movies, but it doesn't appear to be in TCM's upcoming TV schedule, so it's doubtful it will make it to their streaming site, but I'll keep looking over the next few weeks.  My guess is that unless you're like me and already own the DVD, you'll have to pay to rent from the usual vendors.  As usual, check your local public library.
Edit: Duck Soup is apparently included in the subscription service IndieFlix.  I had never heard of this, but they have a 7 day free trial.  Any IndieFlix subscribers out there?

Share this post


Link to post

11/1 Ep 25 - Duck Soup

11/6 VOTE (America)

11/8 Ep 26 - SPECIAL EPISODE ("where we answer fan questions and unveil our official ranking of the first 25 movies!")

11/15 Ep 27 - Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

omg i won't spoil it, but the special guest for Duck Soup IS AMAZING!

 

The reanimated corpse of Groucho Marx?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

omg i won't spoil it, but the special guest for Duck Soup IS AMAZING!

 

If they say the secret word does the duck come down?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Filmstruck is shutting down at the end of November, so we might want to check which top 100s are on there now so people can binge them if they so choose.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ol' eddy wrecks said:

Filmstruck is shutting down at the end of November, so we might want to check which top 100s are on there now so people can binge them if they so choose.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😭

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ol' eddy wrecks said:

Filmstruck is shutting down at the end of November, so we might want to check which top 100s are on there now so people can binge them if they so choose.

This is the worst news I've heard in quite a while.

While it lasts, you can catch the following AFI Top 100 Films on FilmStruck/Criterion Channel:

1. Citizen Kane

5. Singin' in the Rain

11. City Lights

31. Maltese Falcon (expires Nov 15)

36. Bridge on the River Kwai (expires Nov 2)

37. The Best Years of Our Lives 

38. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (expires Nov 15)

44. The Philadelphia Story

55. North By Northwest

58. The Gold Rush

63. Cabaret

78. Modern Times

88. Bringing Up Baby

98. Yankee Doodle Dandy

 

Additionally, it seems the following titles are expiring today (if you want to spend your Friday night binging AFI Films):

7. Lawrence of Arabia

16. Sunset Boulevard

22. Some Like It Hot

47. A Streetcar Named Desire

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

To add to the list of movies one could watch during the no-movie/QA week (AFI movies on filmstruck, AFI movies you've missed, AFI movies on the ballot or the 1997 list not on the final 2007 list), I noticed Paul's movie, Slice, is also free on Amazon Prime right now.  And I guess we're still close enough to Halloween...

 

Share this post


Link to post

I too am disappointed about Filmstruck shutting down. That said, I'd like to politely remind everyone that their local public library is a wonderful resource for your AFI Top 100 needs. It helps if your library is part of a inter-library loan system, since my library is. I haven't had any issues loaning all of these titles. 

Just a suggestion! You get all of the movies for free (legally!) and you support your library. You'll feel great about it in the end. 

Unrelated: Vote on Tuesday! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mitch-a-paloozer said:

I too am disappointed about Filmstruck shutting down. That said, I'd like to politely remind everyone that their local public library is a wonderful resource for your AFI Top 100 needs. It helps if your library is part of a inter-library loan system, since my library is. I haven't had any issues loaning all of these titles. 

Just a suggestion! You get all of the movies for free (legally!) and you support your library. You'll feel great about it in the end. 

Unrelated: Vote on Tuesday! 

Great point, I think I've gotten 9 of the 25 films so far from my local library.  (Still haven't had to pay to rent a single film on the list.)

Share this post


Link to post

11/15 Ep. 27 - Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

11/22 Ep. 28 - Sophie's Choice

11/29 Ep. 29 - A Clockwork Orange

12/6 Ep. 30 - Rocky

lots of movies about fighters

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×