🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Man on the Moon Soundtrack (w/ Edgar Wright)

Filmmaker Edgar Wright (Baby Driver) joins Adam Scott Aukerman to discuss the soundtrack to the 1999 film Man on the Moon. Edgar talks about the decision to put R.E.M.’s “New Orleans Instrumental No. 1” in Baby Driver, what he thinks makes for good music in movies and films, and what makes a good soundtrack. Plus, stick around for Oscar winning composer Steven Price’s version of “New Orleans Instrumental No. 1.”

Adam Scott Aukermen should cover Blur's discography next. There's no other way to go. Think Tank about it!

Best Blur song: Beatlebum

Adam Scott Aukermen should cover Blur's discography next. There's no other way to go. Think Tank about it!

Best Blur song: Beatlebum

I'm a Trimm Trabb/Self Titled guy, personally.

Honorable mention Coffee and TV.

Yes - I love Coffee and TV - "seen so much I'm going blind and I'm brain dead virtually." Graham Coxon's "The Sky is Too High" came out around that time too and was probably his best solo album.

Also - sort of an obscure Beside that I only stumbled across on youtube is "Fool's Day" - once that's in my head, it takes days of real work to get it out. The guitar lick is... like jelly.

Sign in to follow this