🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 54 — False Chart

With Who Charted? safely in its second year, we couldn't go much longer without an appearance from Steven Brody Stevens! Will Brody earn enough comedy credits during the episode to warrant a fourth return? You'll just have to listen as he joins Ku Ku and Wie Wie for a look at The iTunes UK Chart, the Weekend Box Office Chart, and a return of Hermes the Chart Goose!

I agree with you on the neck tats, Howard.

Oh god, I'm so pumped for another Brody episode. His second appearance was my favorite episode of Who Charted.

Love the show. Listen to every episode when it comes out. Have listened to every episode! One of the best podcasts. Keeps me updated on music and movies. Howard is great as a host. I'm sure Brody is a great guy and a good friend. Don't know his stand-up too well. Now then... How do I put this... Well, how bout this... FDR was President 3 times, and no one else had done it more than twice. Then he went for a 4th term,got it, and... things went badly for him. What I'm trying to say is, Please don't have Brody back ever again.

"False Chart! Bingo, Found It! Boom!"

"I haven't even gotten in to yoga yet!"

"Please hump this guy."

Howard singing bass.

"I sleep with it."

"Why'd you write him then?"
"Cuz I'm a good guy."

Breaking Don

This is seriously the greatest thing ever. Brody more than earned his 4th appearance.

"Mom: be with this guy. I want him in our lives" - Brody

It's crazy how taste can differ so much. I'm a fan of the show, and Andrew up there said the last Brody ep was his favorite.. he's clearly a fan of the show as well, and yet we couldn't be further apart in opinion.

I will say in all fairness, this episode was waaay better than his last appearance (my absolute least favorite), but when guests are kind of overbearing like Brody, Andy Kindler, couple others.. I just find myself really struggling to even get through. My favorite parts are typically Howard related. The weird questions he asks, and the summations. Just love it. Whenever there is a guest like this, it kind of overpowers the general vibe of the episode and turns it into something that is unfamiliar and less funny. While it might be funny to some people surely, it's not my cup of tea ya know?

So anyway, with no offense meant to Brody I have to cast my vote for the never have him back again side (along with Kindler, please god). I could list an insane amount of favorite guests, there have been some real comic geniuses passing through the Who Charted? halls. So many great people that it makes me wonder how certain folks get to come back so often. I think they are probably personal friends in normal life, or just readily available for recording. So I hate to even say this and offend but..

Either way, this is getting too long..

In summation! You catch that? My point is, I love the show. It's literally my favorite podcast or I wouldn't speak up about it at all, but guests like this just distract so much, and it does surprise me that opinions differ so much. I realize we can't have Sarah Silverman every week, but it seems like the guest really decides whether or not the ep will fall into greatest hits or safe-to-pass-on, and I just have to opt for the former. A solid 9/10th of these things are awesome, and the few others are hardly listenable.. with no fault to Howard, Kulap, or the wonderful sound guy and producers etc. I'll come back every week, I'll just occasionally be bummed out when I see a certain few guests' pictures smiling at me from the home page, as if to say, better luck next week!

Anyway, don't hate me cause I'm beautiful. One mans opinion.

I also found this image that I never finished of Tom Lennon sawing off Kulap's head. I only vaguely recall the original reference from back in April, but I thought I'd put the file up anyway. I think Howard gave Tom the Saw-like scenario of doing another chart, or cutting of Kulap's head for his freedom? The show was really dark before Howard went vegetarian....

[attachment=11791,313]

We'll take Accumulated Humour Credits up here, but just keep in mind the exchange rate isn't what it used to be...

Brody was great! Solid hilarity throughout and still one of my favorite guests on Who Charted?. I'm stoked that he already has 3.4 humor credits towards his return.

Sign in to follow this