🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Staind Glass 2 with Todd Glass

It’s been awhile! Comedian extraordinaire Todd Glass returns to join Adam Scott Aukerman for the second installment of Staind Glass. This time around Todd shares all he knows about the band R.E.M and tries to guess which songs are performed by R.E.M. or not. They also get into why Todd is nervous to be back on the show, why the Scotts haven’t been invited to one of Todd’s parties, and the time Todd crashed a wedding.

Pick up a brand new “Staind Glass” T-shirt over at www.podswag.com

• Like 2

As a ( mediocre at best ) gay man, i was horrified at " Men at Work ".

• Like 6

Holy shit this was such a blessing! Perfect ep! I love David Bowie's 2003 Hit cover Heroes I WILL BE HERO

• Like 3

The older I get, the more whiles it’s been since various events have occurred, the whilest of which is the original Staind Glass, so I’m stoked for this one!

• Like 5

The joke's on the Scott's cuz' both Bon Jovi and David Bowie covered Heroes from The Wallflowers (Jacob Dylan's band) who wrote it in 1996-1997 for the Godzilla movie soundtrack...

If you don't believe me just check the dates!

So the Scott's are as wrong as Todd

(This is a joke post)

• Like 5

4 years since Todd's last visit?!? Man, it really has BEEN AWHILE! Also, totally dig Bowie's "cover" of that great song Heroes by Bon Jovi . . . a classic for sure.

• Like 1

OH, and the tease with the Weird Al parody of an R.E.M song . . . Shock (Disc) Jockerman at it again!

Alright, I get someone who doesn't care about music not knowing these popular songs and all. But Todd hires drummers to play his parties, and says he plays songs during it so they play along. What the hell is he playing during these parties? I'm not saying he has to be playing The Doors or Duran Duran, but anyone with a slight interest in playing any music would know these songs right?

Or is the joke on ME and the whole thing is a reverse bit??

Either way it's funny as hell so who knows.

• Like 3

I for one am a big fan of Bob Dylan's cover of Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds.

I prefer his cover of The Byrds "My Back Pages."

With Mr Tamborine Man, I think Dylan heard Shatner's cover and thought 'I can do that!'

• Like 1