đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—

This just showed up in my Vulture updates. I have not seen this film, but I want to...and I want the crew to cover this because it's going to be madness.

"...I watched a bloody Cage scream for two or three minutes straight during a scene..."

Nicolas Cage in Mandy seems to be utterly bananas. The film looks awesome...and also bananas. It's getting great reviews, so this would fit in the Crank-like area that the crew has covered before.

I just Googled this and found a prior entry from Vulture. This is a rebirth of our beloved Sir Nicolas Cage.

"Has Nicolas Cage reached his final form? If you subscribe to the Pokémon theory of evolution, he should have blown through his three phases long ago: First, there was his stint as an unusual young up-and-comer, then he became an Oscar-winning lead with his fair share of eccentricities, and finally, he plunged into “I’ll do anything” ignominy.

Mandy, which premiered this past week at the Sundance Film Festival, suggests that Cage has broached a fourth form: a mega-evolution, if you will."

"This is also a movie where Nicolas Cage slays a demon alien and then does a huge line of cocaine, but that almost seems redundant. Nicolas Cage doesn’t need to do cocaine to get lit. Cocaine ought to try Nicolas Cage."

Trailer:

Vulture Piece:

http://www.vulture.c...attle-axes.html

Just watched this on Amazon and can't recommend it highly enough, it's that good. For how insane it is it has a perfect 80s feel and amazing performances from Cage and Lonus Roache, and a great cameo from an always awesome Richard Brake. Cage doesn't really say anything for the first hour, allowing others to build the story up, so when Cage becomes the focal point there is a range of emotions he has to work through to get from point A to point B. He is nuts in this but in a way  that makes sense for the movie.

• Like 2

My biggest fucking gripe with them cancelling the original Law and Order is how fantastic Linus Roache was taking over for Sam Waterston. He was an absolutely perfect fit for the show, and Sam Waterston being promoted to D.A. just seemed like a brilliant way of keeping him on as they introduced Linus into the role. 

• Like 2

I really enjoyed this movie, I would also definitely recommend watching it. Andrea Riseborough is fantastic and I bought them together, their little life in the woods was cute. My only complaints would be that once or twice the movie felt like it was trying to hard to be weird, and there are two rando off-screen deaths that didn't sit right with my soul given everything going on in our current flaming hellscape. Great otherwise though, I would watch it again which is more than I can say for a lot of stuff I've seen lately.

• Like 1

I think this movie is great. It would be a perfect fit for the show. I don’t know why they haven’t done it yet,  but they seem to have eased off on their Nic Cage bender lately. I would also nominate Bad Lieutenant:Port of  Call New Orleans. 

Just because these films are legitimately well-made doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be discussed!