🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 192.5 - Minisode 192.5

Killer breast implants, a secret about Meryl Streep, and more on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Striptease, Paul recommends an important doc, and the Movie Bitches review Book Club. Plus, the next movie selection to get the HDTGM treatment!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our new website over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

Jason is still not on Twitter e

Got mentioned, made Paul laugh, and got a nice story out of it. Good start to the day.

That's gonna be what I do. Just try to make Paul laugh, don't care about 'winning', just making Paul laugh.

• Like 9

Got mentioned, made Paul laugh, and got a nice story out of it. Good start to the day.

That's gonna be what I do. Just try to make Paul laugh, don't care about 'winning', just making Paul laugh.

Normally, I'd agree with you...

I AM THE BEST! I AM THE BEST! I AM THE BEST!

But seriously, all I did was ask a friend some questions. I guess the real winner is my friend. Now if I could convince Paul to buy stuff based my own personal expertise like Taylor Anne, that's the real comment of the week.

• Like 12

But seriously, all I did was ask a friend some questions. I guess the real winner is my friend. Now if I could convince Paul to buy stuff based my own personal expertise like Taylor Anne, that's the real comment of the week.

We're all winners this week if you just play the "YOU WIN!" over and over

• Like 7

Congrats grudlian. I had a good feeling about that comment.

I gotta say- I’m actually pretty stoked about Blues Brothers 2000 because JONNY LANG!

I may just watch the minute and a half that he’s on screen. Worth it.

• Like 5

Congrats! Don’t sell yourself short. That was a great get :)

• Like 4

I have to agree with Paul. You guys are all great! The HDTGM forums are an oasis of positivity on a barren, Internet landscape.

But I think that’s also a testament to Paul, Jason, and June. Not only are they funny, but it’s clear that all three of them are genuinely good and decent people. It’s no surprise to me that the people on this forum are the best of the best - because they were drawn toward the best. You are all some of the most kind, intelligent, funny, and supportive people I know.

...I don’t know how you put up with me ;)

• Like 11

I have to agree with Paul. You guys are all great! The HDTGM forums are an oasis of positivity on a barren, Internet landscape.

But I think that’s also a testament to Paul, Jason, and June. Not only are they funny, but it’s clear that all three of them are genuinely good and decent people. It’s no surprise to me that the people on this forum are the best of the best - because they were drawn toward the best. You are all some of the most kind, intelligent, funny, and supportive people I know.

Not to dredge up previous battles, but it does make the overall point.

When there was the "Can't Stop The Music" Battle Royal, Paul showed himself to be a genuinely good guy who puts ego to the side and said "Sometimes, people aren't going to like what you do, at least you weren't dicks about it".

I've seen people vanity search the project they're working on, and when they come across somebody who doesn't like it, they start sending abuse their way. So for Paul to see it on his own forum (for want of a better term), and not turn around and say "Go fuck yourself, go listen to something else if you don't like it" shows not only his maturity as a performer, but his maturity as a man.

I dunno, I think I've been burned too many times by people who I previously liked, and then saw how they acted towards people, but I like Paul.

• Like 5

Paul mispronounced my name- I'm OFFICIALLY a member of this weird little tribe! Is it weird how excited I am that Paul got it wrong?Like more excited than if he has said it correctly. I feel like I am now a member of the chosen ones.

It's Gigi tastic as in Gigi and fantastic combined because I'm fantastic at being me? IDK it seemed smart at the time I made it 12 years ago and I'm too lazy to come up with a new name on anything. it's my ~brand~ now.

• Like 8

I've been a lurker for a few years before finally deciding to join and honestly I've loved EVERY second of it. I know I write on here WAY too often but you guys are all SO amazing and I'm so glad I joined the boards.

• Like 6

I've been a lurker for a few years before finally deciding to join and honestly I've loved EVERY second of it. I know I write on here WAY too often but you guys are all SO amazing and I'm so glad I joined the boards.

And we're glad you joined :)

• Like 6

Paul mispronounced my name- I'm OFFICIALLY a member of this weird little tribe! Is it weird how excited I am that Paul got it wrong?Like more excited than if he has said it correctly. I feel like I am now a member of the chosen ones.

It's Gigi tastic as in Gigi and fantastic combined because I'm fantastic at being me? IDK it seemed smart at the time I made it 12 years ago and I'm too lazy to come up with a new name on anything. it's my ~brand~ now.

Paul has never pronounced my name correctly either. I'll let it slide because he pronounced your name the way I was pronouncing it.

• Like 7

Well if Paul loves reading this forum so much, I will be the girl holding the Balcony Monster poster this week at BAM. Sister and I are in row AA. I dunno if that is cup size?

Anyway sister has not heard the podcast really (except when I listen to it and she is like what is this?) and when the email announcing the movie came she texted me that she was “skeptical” about this.

I was bummed that I couldn’t go to both shows, since I have a flight to VT for work the next morning. But when it was announced it was “Beastly” I was relieved. That’s another shitty Ya that I have read and we will cover on our still forthcoming “How Did This Get Written” spin-off podcast.

• Like 5

I might be the one with the easiest name for Paul to pronounce.

• Like 2

Paul has never pronounced my name correctly either. I'll let it slide because he pronounced your name the way I was pronouncing it.

To be fair I just looked at it and realized it fully looks like that. This is like the time on another group of friends where I made shitty Ms Paint drawings of everyone's chatname and I misread someone's name as the french spelling for bread (which I misspellt BADLY) because I could not for the life of me figure it out and so I made them a bread monster and everyone was like... Gigi what the everloveing fuck is this? And I was just SHOCKED no on was getting my creative genius. We even had a friend who was French Canadian and he was just baffled by how I got to this conclusion.

• Like 2

I might be the one with the easiest name for Paul to pronounce.

Pronounced "SmEYEgee," right?

Nailed it.

• Like 4

Pronounced SmEYEgee, right?

Nailed it.

Im pretty sure it’s actually SmEYEgeegeedot

• Like 3

Welcome to the official "Paul has trouble with my chosen screen name" club. When I first joined I was Cambert and when I was lucky enough to have a C&O read Paul said it like the cheese. That wasn't my intention so I went in and added the space to try and clear it up, and many moons later he still waffles around on it.

That feels like a bit of a humble brag and I feel gross about it. Sorry.

• Like 6

Not to come off like a broken record but I love coming here and talking with everybody and reading what everybody has to say. Not to get into it too much but I was a regular back in the day and then had some personal stuff arise which took me away from posting here. I stopped for about a year and it took awhile but it eventually hit me was that leaving was not a good idea. It was something I enjoyed doing and a place I liked to be. I liked trying to write things to make people laugh, I liked going down weird worm holes with everyone, I liked making insane maps and short stories, I liked gif battles, and talking random iTune songs. Even when people disagreed it was always very civil and it was all coming from a place of love of these terrible movies and the comedians that make us laugh talking about them. I was very happy upon my return that I was welcomed back so warmly and got to reconnect with old forum friends and make new forum friends. So I guess if I had to some up my feelings about the forums and the people on them I guess all I have to say is...

• Like 5

That feels like a bit of a humble brag and I feel gross about it. Sorry.

That’s okay, Monsieur Camembert. It’s all gouda!

• Like 4

That’s okay, Monsieur Camembert. It’s all gouda!

Wait have we moved on from insects to cheese? That makes me feel a little blue.

• Like 5

So I guess if I had to some up my feelings about the forums and the people on them I guess all I have to say is...

And to you, my dear friend, I say...

• Like 1

Wait have we moved on from insects to cheese? That makes me feel a little blue.

No whey! Going from insects to bugs ought to be a Brieze....

• Like 4