" English Beat

8) "

" Weezer

9) "

Stereo MCs

10) "

" The Beatles
  • Like 6

Well, I don't have to look at my history. I've been listening to Junun for the past week, nonstop. The album came out in 2015, but I discovered it only a week ago via the documentary by the same name. How to describe. Um, the album is a collaboration between Shye Ben Tzur and Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead) with musicians from India. There are traditional Indian instruments as well as Qawwali singing and big brass instruments and guitar, but the music is cohesive and doesn't sound like a hodgepodge. The lyrics are in different languages, but I don't feel like it impedes my enjoyment at all. It's kind of interesting that there's no "harmony" that we're used to hearing in Western music, or chords really, but the music still sounds rich, if that makes sense. Anyway, here's one of my favorite tracks from the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgp_C_CZAL8&list=PLc53mcl16yjDs0ADiWf5UA8gM4tdJrsW7

• Like 4

Can't do the linkies like Cameron H but for *reasons* I'm listening exclusively to songs by people born in Scotland at the moment so:

AC/DC, Hell's Bells (Angus Young, Glasgow)

Twin Atlantic, Heart and Soul (All of Them, Glasgow)

Garbage, Only Happy When It Rains (Shirley Manson, Edinburgh)

Biffy Clyro, Wolves of Winter (Simon Neil, Kilmarnock)

Big Country, Fields of Fire (the incomparable Stuart Adamson, Dunfermline)

Waterboys, Fisherman's Blues (Mike Scott, Edinburgh)

Chvrches, Leave A Trace (Lauren Mayberry, Glasgow)

Mogwai, Remurdered (Stuart Braithwaite, South Lanarkshire)

Idlewild, You Held The World In Your Arms (Roddy Woomble, Irvine)

Jesus and Mary Chain, April Skies (Jim Reid, East Kilbride)

• Like 6

I don't have iTunes but here's random on my mp3 player

Portishead - The Rip

David Bowie - Look Back In Anger

Andy Gibb - (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away

Temple Of The Dog - Say Hello 2 Heaven

EU - Da' Butt (I think this is proof I didn't skip any songs)

Madonna - Where Life Begins

Guns N Roses - 14 Years

Bob Dylan - Miss The Mississippi

Rufus Wainwright - Beauty Mark

Television - Elevation

• Like 6

I've been listening to the song Miracle by Chvrches repeatedly lately, though I haven't bought it so that's just me playing the youtube video over and over. I have a problem with that song. Its very catchy.

Looking at my Amazon Music, the last 10 songs outside of that were -

Good Grief - Bastille

An Act of Kindness - Bastille

Basket Case - Bastille

The Currents - Bastille

Pompeii - Bastille

Glory - Bastille

(this is just a result of me asking Alexa to play Bastille while I was cleaning)

Budapest - George Ezra

Let You Down - NF

You Broke up with Me - Walker Hayes

I have a free month left of XM so I've just been listening to Alt Nation a lot, my playlists I can pull from are a little bare. This is also how I got obsessed with the Chvrches song, and the new Young The Giant song Simplify, which I've also listened to repeatedly. Also on youtube, I listened to Jeremy Jordan's cover of It's All Coming Back to Me Now a lot (Youtube isn't blocked at my work, so I tend to just listen to a song I like on repeat as kind of a white noise machine (yes i'm wearing headphones))

• Like 6

(Youtube isn't blocked at my work, so I tend to just listen to a song I like on repeat as kind of a white noise machine (yes i'm wearing headphones))

I wish you weren't. I'd like to imagine your co-workers thinking you're slowly going insane.

"I don't know, Beth...She just sits there listening to 'Pompeii' over and over. I'm scared..."

Then when they look over at you, you should just be staring at them.

• Like 4

For anyone else experiencing this, I ended up getting myself avatar back by just re-cropping the photo.

You mean I've done goofed and honestly lost my fave version of this panel forever??? (I legit scoured the internet for it and I only came up with one 84x84 pixel icon...)

Darth-vader-noooo-gif-4.gif

• Like 3

The Brooklyn shows are tomorrow and I have my signs ready. My sister is fed up with me. She tried to watch the movie and said she got bored two minutes in. I might be in a lot of trouble tomorrow after this is over. But she is the BAM member who got me tickets early.

If I can ask a question, should I? But I'd kind of want to ask Paul if he still has his My Buddy doll and his kids call it Uncle Buddy. That isn't movie related. (And also I am sure June would not allow it even if I find the mental image amusing.)

Anyone else going??

• Like 6

Here are mine!

- Courtney Barnett

- MUNA

- Land of Talk

- La Luz

- Raphael Saadiq

- Nicki Minaj ft. Beyoncé

- The Morning Benders

- Widowspeak

- Great Danes ft. Kimbra

- Dope Lemon
  • Like 4

- Land of Talk

Land of Talk is such a good band and I feel like no one really knows about them

• Like 3

I'm very eager to join in but will have to wait until I get home.

In an attempt to find new music I've been listening to a lot of stuff on youtube over stuff I already have so not sure what will be the last 10 on iTunes.

• Like 1

I'm very eager to join in but will have to wait until I get home.

In an attempt to find new music I've been listening to a lot of stuff on youtube over stuff I already have so not sure what will be the last 10 on iTunes.

I was just using iTunes as a “for example.” :)

• Like 1

Last 10 from the ipod, according to the "back" button:

"I Can't Go For That," Hall & Oates

"Material Girl," Madonna

"Controversy," Prince

"HandClap," Fitz and the Tantrums

"Every Little Thing She Does is Magic," The Police

"Feel it Still," Portugal the Man

"Let's Dance," David Bowie

"You Don't Get Me High Anymore," Phantogram

"Angel of Death," Mac Lethal

"Tessellate," alt-J

• Like 3

The Brooklyn shows are tomorrow and I have my signs ready. My sister is fed up with me. She tried to watch the movie and said she got bored two minutes in. I might be in a lot of trouble tomorrow after this is over. But she is the BAM member who got me tickets early.

If I can ask a question, should I? But I'd kind of want to ask Paul if he still has his My Buddy doll and his kids call it Uncle Buddy. That isn't movie related. (And also I am sure June would not allow it even if I find the mental image amusing.)

If you do, remember that Paul prefers that you hold the mic.

• Like 7

I was just using iTunes as a “for example.” :)

Mine are all from Spotify. I really do need to actually like buy more music and put it into my itunes.

• Like 4

"I Can't Go For That," Hall & Oates

The other week at work me and two other teachers, both male one early 30s one mid 40s, some how stumbled upon a Hal & Oates song and spent the afternoon listening to best of Hall & Oates. I forgot how many good songs they had. To the majority of the teachers, female in their 20s, we were all "old men" for liking it.

• Like 2

According to the back button, here is my list. If I recall my last listen correctly, I had this stuff playing in the background of a cookout. Luckily, no one was paying attention, because this set is not exactly optimal for a good time.

Hey Girl - Jo Stance

Do Yourself a Faver - Jamie Lidell

The Ballad of the Sad Young Men - Peter Herbolzheimer's Rhythm Combination and Brass

Radio - The Members

Mr. Bojangles - King Curtis

Doing It All For My Baby - Huey Lewis & the News

Backfield in Motion - Mel & Tim

Stop - Howard Tate

Softness - Les Hooper

Coquette - Gary Burton & Stephane Grappelli

• Like 4

All right here are my last 10 on iTunes. Apparently I had a real one word title streak going there.

Bonus info time! The albums I'm currently listening to most right now is a toss up between Human After All Remix which was a Daft Punk exclusive to Japan which has other artists covering the album and is a must listen if you love Daft Punk. This is my pick me up or pump me music.The other is

by Air which is just so mellow and calming to me. I just put it on and lay back and get lost in thought for an hour.
  • Like 4

The other week at work me and two other teachers, both male one early 30s one mid 40s, some how stumbled upon a Hal & Oates song and spent the afternoon listening to best of Hall & Oates. I forgot how many good songs they had. To the majority of the teachers, female in their 20s, we were all "old men" for liking it.

When they called you old men, I hope you told them you “won’t go for that (no can do).”

220px-Hall_and_Oates%2C_Daryl_Hall_and_John_Oates_%28The_Silver_Album%29%2C_1975.png

• Like 2

Because I love a good story and love the unity of a record, I still listen to full albums. Plus, I don't use iTunes. But as I still want to participate, the last album I listened to was Slugdge's Esoteric Malacology. Slugdge is a death metal band that writes technically stellar and enjoyably brutal songs about slugs. It's amazing.

A sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyeOZh0VOjw

• Like 4

I wish you weren't. I'd like to imagine your co-workers thinking you're slowly going insane.

"I don't know, Beth...She just sits there listening to 'Pompeii' over and over. I'm scared..."

Then when they look over at you, you should just be staring at them.

I have done that on occasion. Not not make people think I'm crazy just because I really liked a song and couldn't for the life of me remember the lyrics

• Like 5

If you do, remember that Paul prefers that you hold the mic.

I feel like that My Buddy Doll is going to be passed down to their oldest when he is of age and Paul's gonna have a hard time letting his Buddy go.

• Like 5

I'm not sure I'm doing this list right but here goes. I picked "Play Recent" from the "Controls" menu in iTunes.

From top to bottom:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

(
)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

• Like 5

I usually have my music on shuffle but it's usually from a random playlist. I use them mostly to fall asleep because I need something for my mind to focus on or I can't seem to shut it off. It doesn't mater if I use soothing music or not (though I have several of those playlists). Sorry I technically gave you guys 12 songs.

1. Damone
  2. Paramore
  3. Maroon 5 (I find this song very soothing and have for the past 16 years. I have no idea why)
  4. Metric (there's an amazing Acoustic version of this song as well. Almost ever playlist Ii have has 5 Metric songs on it.
    is very soothing to me)
  5. Valley Lodge (fun fact: The opening theme song for Last Week Tonight is
    by Valley Lodge)
  6. Panic At The Disco
  7. Dollyrots
  8. Marina and the Diamonds (warning: lots of shirtless dudes in this music video. Sorry? )
  9. MIA
  10. The Clash

• Like 6