🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Dastardly Dave

Stunt Rock (1979)

Stunt%20rock%20poster.jpg?raw=1

This kind of insane film is quintessential ‘How Did This Get Made?’ fodder, please do enjoy the blurb from Wiki:

“Australian stuntman Grant Page accepts a job on an American television series and travels to Los Angeles, where he reunites with his cousin, ‘Sorcery’ band member Curtis Hyde. Hyde performs with a heavy metal band called ‘Sorcery’, playing the part of The Prince of Darkness who is locked in cosmic combat with Merlin the Magician (Paul Haynes). While the band plays out the story with its signature brand of theatrical but muscular hard rock, Page's first stunt for the cameras goes awry and he is hospitalized, but defies his doctors by escaping out a fifth story window to get back to the set. Such reckless behavior attracts the attention of newspaper reporter (Margaret Gerard) who is writing an article about the career obsessed, as well as a TV star (Dutch star Monique van de Ven) who both gravitate towards the stuntman's professional fearlessness. Together they attend ‘Sorcery’ concerts, enjoy Hollywood parties with the band and explore the nature of extreme living.”

Completely bonkers film, interesting back story, an unexpected cameo or two, awesome stunts, and live musical performances where wizards and sorcerers battle on stage. Enough said. If you’re unsure at all, here’s the bat shit insane theatrical release trailer on YouTube:

If that has not inspired anyone that views it into checking this film out right away, then I have grossly misjudged you all, and I pray for your salvation. Oh, and this masterpiece is available for all to enjoy on Amazon Prime.

Full disclosure, yes, I am Australian...this film fills me with goddamn national pride…

I will need to watch this ASAP now that its streaming on Amazon! I've wanted to see it for a long time, but DVD copies have always been listed for insane prices online.

I will need to watch this ASAP now that its streaming on Amazon! I've wanted to see it for a long time, but DVD copies have always been listed for insane prices online.

Wow, you're not kidding - there's a used DVD copy there on Amazon right now for an eye watering $220....streaming a $2 rental certainly seems somewhat more reasonable.