🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 44 Preview (kateacola's Pick)

11 minutes ago, CameronH said:

Thanks for my quotes, Dan! I'm still looking for that dot. I just found the quick links at the top of the page "Home Earwolf Productions How Did This Get Made Musical Mondays..." Maybe I'm just missing it? I tried on Chrome and Edge (Chrome is better)

It’s a giant yellow dot...on my phone. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CameronH said:

Thanks for my quotes, Dan! I'm still looking for that dot. I just found the quick links at the top of the page "Home Earwolf Productions How Did This Get Made Musical Mondays..." Maybe I'm just missing it? I tried on Chrome and Edge (Chrome is better)

Oh, I forgot that it turns into a star if you've already commented in the thread. It's here:

star.png

• huh? 1

2 minutes ago, DanEngler said:

Oh, I forgot that it turns into a star if you've already commented in the thread. It's here:

star.png

Nothing is happening when I click that star. Perhaps the issue is on my end...?

ETA: On Edge that Star isn't even showing up.

ETAA: Do you guys really need a reason for editing?

Oh! Okay! I get it now. I can click on that star (only in Chrome) only if there's a new post (i.e. the star is yellow). I guess I wish I could do the same thing even when it's grayed out. I know I can just click on the last page. It was just nice to be able to click the title and be shuffled right there.

(Sorry to bug you with this, man. I'm sure you weren't really wanting to field this crap right now.)

8 minutes ago, CameronH said:

ETAA: Do you guys really need a reason for editing?

The "reason for editing" field should be optional, according to the forum config. Is it requiring you to fill it out before it will allow you to edit?

3 minutes ago, CameronH said:

(Sorry to bug you with this, man. I'm sure you weren't really wanting to field this crap right now.)

I'm seeing all of this for the first time, too, and I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard not to do the usual nerd-who-hates-change thing.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DanEngler said:

The "reason for editing" field should be optional, according to the forum config. Is it requiring you to fill it out before it will allow you to edit?

I'm seeing all of this for the first time, too, and I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard not to do the usual nerd-who-hates-change thing.

No, apparently it’s not required. It just surprised me the first time :)

Most of all, I miss the white text on the gray background. The white feels a bit harsh on the eyes.

• Like 1

🤔 On the plus side, I think it supports emoji now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CameronH said:

Most of all, I miss the white text on the gray background. The white feels a bit harsh on the eyes.

200_d.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So, what does allowing the forum to send me notifications do? I keep ignoring the popup in case it will do something I find support irritating on my phone. 

1 hour ago, CameronH said:

No, apparently it’s not required. It just surprised me the first time :)

Somewhat related to this but there is a tab for themes down there. Dan - are we getting new themes later like a night time theme for poor Cameron H’s eyes?

• Haha 1

This new leaderboard thing is fascinating, and has also brought out some competition in me. Cameron, you're like 600 posts behind July for top contributor so honestly you should get on that lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tomspanks said:

Somewhat related to this but there is a tab for themes down there. Dan - are we getting new themes later like a night time theme for poor Cameron H’s eyes?

Don't switch to default! I'm still seeing dots from it's blinding whiteness.

• Like 1

I’m very excited about this mobile friendly version. That’s all.

• Like 1

Guys I'm trying SO HARD to get the grey background back and nothing I do is working and it's making me feel crazy. 

I'm really sorry if I've upset y'all. I just really wanted new people to be able to use the forums again and so this is what had to be done :( 

Please be patient with me...

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Guys I'm trying SO HARD to get the grey background back and nothing I do is working and it's making me feel crazy. 

I'm really sorry if I've upset y'all. I just really wanted new people to be able to use the forums again and so this is what had to be done :( 

Omg Shannon we're not upset! We're just mole people.

39xQ5iG.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I've done some layout work too, and knowing how frustrated I get fighting with my wordpress layouts currently, I totally get the crazy feeling. Best of luck!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shannon said:

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry if it sounded like we were being ungrateful. We are. We appreciate everything you do!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agreed! thank you for the hard work. Change always takes getting used to, but it's not the worst

• Like 2

I just logged into this forum on a computer for the first time since the update, and wow my profile has a lot of information. Apparently I won the day in December? Was this always an option?

image.png.eef33195173b64cf230f57aeba4ffc44.png

And I was able to scroll back through my personal feed and see its just me talking to people about 12 Dates of Christmas, which sounds about right. 

Now I have to figure out a picture to put in here because I lost that trapeze photo I had years ago in a phone purge. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SaraK said:

I just logged into this forum on a computer for the first time since the update, and wow my profile has a lot of information. Apparently I won the day in December? Was this always an option?

image.png.eef33195173b64cf230f57aeba4ffc44.png

And I was able to scroll back through my personal feed and see its just me talking to people about 12 Dates of Christmas, which sounds about right. 

Now I have to figure out a picture to put in here because I lost that trapeze photo I had years ago in a phone purge. 

I hope when you saw that the "You win" music from the minis played in your head.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, Shannon said:

Oh my gosh! The background is grey again! Thank you thank you thank you!

On 7/26/2018 at 10:34 PM, DanEngler said:

🤔 On the plus side, I think it supports emoji now.

Sorry I'm late to the discussion, but in what situation will I need this emoticon for :tim:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Sorry I'm late to the discussion, but in what situation will I need this emoticon for :tim:

Discussing Smokey Robinson and the Miracles

• Like 2