🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 193.5 - Minisode 193.5

Is Jake Blues a snitch? Questions like these are answered and more on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Blues Brothers 2000, opens up the Mail Bag, shares his Pick of the Week, and the Movie Bitches review Ocean’s 8. Plus, the next movie selection to get the HDTGM treatment!

I'm glad that guy called from Hamilton, Indiana. I didn't hear them say where the city was. I tried looking where that scene was filmed because, if you're leaving Chicago for Indiana, you aren't going to ever be in the middle of nowhere. The metropolitan area of Chicago spills well into functionally all of Lake County Indiana. Unless you're actively going somewhere that isn't near northwest Indiana, no one would ever be in a totally rural area like that.

But, even stranger is that the Blues Brothers area going south. Hamilton, Indiana is in north east Indiana. They're is literally zero reason to go from Illinois to Kentucky by way of Hamilton, Indiana.

The forums look weird now. This will take some getting used to, but I am glad they are back up. 

I already wrote a long post for "Yes, Giorgio."

From the Oscar-winning director of "Patton" and "Planet of the Apes", comes one of the many films that ultimately ended Franklin J. Schaffner's career before his death in 1989.

It took me so long to place what movie or show I last saw Kathryn Harrold in, then I remembered she was in an equally inexplicable relationship with another strange looking man in The Larry Sanders Show. 

I was reading the description of this movie and I saw it was a love story between him and Kathryn Harrold, I was like "oh this must have been when he was younger and wasnt the disaster that i've always remembered him as." 

Nope, he's exactly as I recalled him being. This movie makes me upset the same way when Gerard Depardieu shows up in a movie and is portrayed as someone who's fighting off women on a minute by minute basis as opposed to the big weird nosed, pissing on an airplane monster he is. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldiKLKvwUHQ

Question for people who have watched this movie already: is there any reason to watch the opera stuff. I don't mind watching the unedited version (I like opera), but is there anything to comment on in those sections or is it just like "he sings a song?"

32 minutes ago, CameronH said:

Question for people who have watched this movie already: is there any reason to watch the opera stuff. I don't mind watching the unedited version (I like opera), but is there anything to comment on in those sections or is it just like "he sings a song?"

Some parts where he sings are bonkers and im glad I did not miss any of that. Besides, you can just fast forward. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cool. I’ll watch the unedited version then. Thanks!

1 hour ago, CameronH said:

Besides, I want everyone else to suffer, er, enjoy it like I did 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, CameronH said:

Is the unedited version available for streaming rental anywhere?  I can't find either version on Amazon and (I assume) Vudu only has the normal version.

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Is the unedited version available for streaming rental anywhere?  I can't find either version on Amazon and (I assume) Vudu only has the normal version.

I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to post the link here or not, but if you go to their Twitter page the link to the edited version is there. The password rhymes with "Yonkers."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CameronH said:

I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to post the link here or not, but if you go to their Twitter page the link to the edited version is there. The password rhymes with "Yonkers."

Zonkers?  Got it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CameronH said:

Ah, I see.  That's what I get for not having listened to the minisode yet.  The "edited" version is a special one and the "unedited" is the normal streaming option.  Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

I can at least post a link to their Twitter page.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I watched it on YouTube.

• Like 2

Paul was apologizing for Yes, Giorgio being too long in the minisode, but according to IMDb it's only 1 hour and 50 minutes. That's not all that long. Does it just FEEL really long?

By comparison, Blues Brothers 2000 is 2 hours, 3 minutes.

• Like 1

I think it just feels long. He said that the edited version cuts it by 40 MINUTES! That's a lot of opera for an hour and fifty minute movie...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sycasey 2.0 said:

Paul was apologizing for Yes, Giorgio being too long in the minisode, but according to IMDb it's only 1 hour and 50 minutes. That's not all that long. Does it just FEEL really long?

By comparison, Blues Brothers 2000 is 2 hours, 3 minutes.

It feels SO LONG. It is not just the unnecessary singing but the weird structure of the film where there are episodic comedy bits (nuns, old lady hat, Asian abuse, random Latino dancing, food fight) that rarely have anything to do with the plot.

I watched it on Google play movies. It wasn't on Amazon. I was so mad I paid for it when it is free on YouTube.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tomspanks said:

I watched it on YouTube.

Did you watch the free version on youtube? It looks like the unedited, full length movie but I don't want to get halfway through then it mess up.

15 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Did you watch the free version on youtube? It looks like the unedited, full length movie but I don't want to get halfway through then it mess up.

Yes, the free version.  It definitely felt unedited.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomspanks said:

Yes, the free version.  It definitely felt unedited.

There's probably some full length, Shoah like director's cut but the studios demanded a sleek, 110 minute commercial version.

• Like 1

Okay I'm 20 minutes in and wondering how the fuck this is going to be stretched out to just under 2 hours long, unless the wikipedia for this movie is missing a lot of crap. This hunk of crap is basically the Moonwalker but instead of pop music being interspersed over a flimsy sci-fi story, it's opera music interspersed over a musician trying to get side poon.

• Like 1

I've only gotten to watch the first 26 minutes of the edited version. But if I can get through that, maybe I'll try to find an unedited one just to check out the cut bits. I'm a little curious now...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JammerLea said:

I've only gotten to watch the first 26 minutes of the edited version. But if I can get through that, maybe I'll try to find an unedited one just to check out the cut bits. I'm a little curious now...

Don't it is not worth it. It's just singing leading to one random scenario to another song. Fuck this movie.

• Like 1

Btw, for the past couple weeks my roommate and I have been dog sitting the neighbors' pets, and they have this adorable chihuahua named June Bug, and for some reason I can't help but greet her with "JUUUUUUNE" whenever we go over to check on them.

25878k9.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1