🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
SlidePocket

Musical Mondays Week 45 Preview (JammerLea's 3rd Pick)

Let's find out what JammerLea has picked for this series this time!

• Like 6

Thanks, Slide! My son’s sick and it slipped my mind :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello from Spain, this seems like a normal occurrence by now...

I disappear into radio silence for long stretches of time then I return making it a BIG DEAL (or a "B.D. Wong deal" ;) ) saying how sorry I am and then out of the blue I disappear again then I rinse and repeat until infinity. The thing is I'm really really sorry.

Anyhoo... I'm sorta In vacation until the end of the month so I have literally no excuse to Ghost 👻 out on you again... Also in two weeks I get to choose my 3rd pick which is nice!

Can't wait to find out what JammerLea picked!!!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, IMAHUGEHDTGMFAN said:

Hello from Spain, this seems like a normal occurrence by now...

I disappear into radio silence for long stretches of time then I return making it a BIG DEAL (or a "B.D. Wong deal" ;) ) saying how sorry I am and then out of the blue I disappear again then I rinse and repeat until infinity. The thing is I'm really really sorry.

Anyhoo... I'm sorta In vacation until the end of the month so I have literally no excuse to Ghost 👻 out on you again... Also in two weeks I get to choose my 3rd pick which is nice!

Can't wait to find out what JammerLea picked!!!

It’s cool, Max. We get it. I’d rather you be here sometimes than not at all :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can't wait to find out what JammerLea picked for my birthday!

• Like 5

Sorry, was out of the house for a while.

I've been having a rough time recently with stress and my health, so I'm not picking anything amazing, but an old favorite of mine for comfort. I hope no one minds.

Welcome to my childhood.

24cb0xh.jpg

You better believe I had all the finger puppets from McDonald's.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Can't wait to find out what JammerLea picked for my birthday!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JammerLea said:

I've been having a rough time recently with stress and my health, so I'm not picking anything amazing, but an old favorite of mine for comfort. I hope no one minds.

Welcome to my childhood.

Reveal hidden contents

24cb0xh.jpg

Very cool!  I've never seen this.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JammerLea said:

Welcome to my childhood.

Reveal hidden contents

24cb0xh.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=5111388

I loved this movie. Great choice! 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, JammerLea said:

Welcome to my childhood.

Hide contents

24cb0xh.jpg

I haven't seen this since theatres but I loved it. Pretty excited to revisit this.

• Like 3

The title Oliver & Company tells me this is a movie about Oliver Stone and the making of Wall Street.  Am I right?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JammerLea said:

Welcome to my childhood.

Reveal hidden contents

24cb0xh.jpg

In the poster, Oliver and the gang are in a walkup building (fire escape), but they must be in the Burj Khalifa of walkups because the other buildings are tiny. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Tomorrow we're going to the library and I debated picking up Oliver Twist, because I haven't read it since 10th grade, but idk I might stick to something more fun to read lol (sorry, Dickens). I know this film deviates a LOT from the source material, but I still love the Disney version.

Also, here's the original McD's Happy Meal commercial for the Oliver & Co finger puppets. Just to get you excited for this delightful story about orphans, organized crime, child labor, and kidnapping.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

The title Oliver & Company tells me this is a movie about Oliver Stone and the making of Wall Street.  Am I right?

Damn, I thought it was the title to John Oliver's new kid show...

giphy.gif

• Like 5

On 8/6/2018 at 8:08 PM, Quasar Sniffer said:

Damn, I thought it was the title to John Oliver's new kid show...

giphy.gif

I love this.  I don't know if it's John Oliver's makeup or his facial expression but he looks like a real-life Muppet here.

• Like 1

Hello friends, I was at the beach for a little bit and got burnt to a crisp because I forgot about that whole re-applying sunscreen after 2 hours business. I swear I'm an adult that knows how to take care of myself...

Anyway this story (not necessarily this specific movie but more Oliver Twist by Dickens) is how I got the name for my lil Oliver so expect pictures later.

• Like 3

Hey guys!

My parents are visiting from Australia so things have been so crazy around here that I haven't actually logged on to the forum since the update. Sorry to be AWOL, but it's nice to know that there's a community there waiting without judgement for when I finally get my act back together. Then again, I start a new four-course teaching load on the 27th, so things may well go to hell for a bit there too.

Anyway, have fun with Billy Joel-singing stray animals! I'll be back soon, I'm sure!  (Also, I should probably change my name back: Kit Walker was my original login name but I changed it years ago...)

• Like 5

I remember when you first changed your name to CakeBug, and I resisted the change. Now Kit Walker just feels weird.

Hope your parents are enjoying their stay! And, of course, we're always here for you.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, CameronH said:

I remember when you first changed your name to CakeBug, and I resisted the change. Now Kit Walker just feels weird.

Hope your parents are enjoying their stay! And, of course, we're always here for you.

I mean, I fully have always acknowledged that Cakebug Tranch is the stupidest login name ever, but I always liked that it was so weird that it has absolutely no connection to my real life and I could never be tracked down through this forum (it sounds paranoid but I had some bad experiences of the sort through Twitter, using real names or identifiers).  I like that it's completely random, even though it's super dumb.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kit Walker said:

I mean, I fully have always acknowledged that Cakebug Tranch is the stupidest login name ever, but I always liked that it was so weird that it has absolutely no connection to my real life and I could never be tracked down through this forum (it sounds paranoid but I had some bad experiences of the sort through Twitter, using real names or identifiers).  I like that it's completely random, even though it's super dumb.

Glad to hear it was intentional and not a mixup from the recent forum upgrade.  I agree with Cameron H.  I couldn't get used to Kit Walker.  If you had also changed the picture I would have never remembered you were CakeBug.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kit Walker said:

I just assumed Cakebug Tranch was your real name. Now my whole world is upside down!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2