🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 194.5 - Minisode 194.5

Bad luck nuns, the fisherman faker, and more on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Yes, Giorgio, opens up the Mail Bag, and the Movie Bitches review Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Plus, the next movie selection to get the HDTGM treatment!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our new website over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter 

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter 

Jason is still not on Twitter 

That sure was an odd review of Jurassic World. Seemed like mostly two minutes of static. 

• Like 1

Yikes, yeah, the Movie Bitches review is just static. I was not ready for that to hit my ears. I hope it can be fixed...

But yay! My first win!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Wil Dride said:

That sure was an odd review of Jurassic World. Seemed like mostly two minutes of static. 

here I thought it was me!  I was starting to troubleshoot lol

"The Meg" with Jason Statham and "A Night in Heaven" with Christopher Atkins and Lesley Ann Warren are our live shows for next week!

To turn this back to positives, I want to say I enjoy the Ask Paul segments when it covers life advice. As someone who is also dissatisfied with my job, I don't know if I can get away with not caring, but I'll try to keep it in mind when things start getting to me.

• Like 6

FYI if anyone is debating whether to watch Never Too Young To Die, it's a HARD watch. At 1 hr. 11 min. it suddenly becomes the best movie in history.

On 8/10/2018 at 5:50 PM, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Fictions people are people too, Paul! 

Paul seems to have trouble "yes and"-ing with fictional characters. On Unspooled this week, Amy asked him something about "I wonder what King Kong would say about that," and he hit her with the whole implausible premise critique, too. I'd say it was his kryptonite, but he'd probably just tell me that kryptonite isn't real.

• Like 2

In the corrections and omissions section, did the caller say that tonsillectomies were "a fad at the time, sort of like vaccines."? It sounded like that, yet Paul just let it slide on by. If he thinks vaccines are a fad, his medical opinion might not be too valuable. This isn't an anti-vac community, is it?

On 8/10/2018 at 1:51 PM, JammerLea said:

Yikes, yeah, the Movie Bitches review is just static. I was not ready for that to hit my ears. I hope it can be fixed...

Maybe that was meant to be a comment on the movie itself?

34 minutes ago, sycasey 2.0 said:

Maybe that was meant to be a comment on the movie itself?

I thought about that too, but they did do a review on that movie on their youtube channel, so it doesn't make sense to me...

Has this issue been fixed at all? I've been holding off on listening to the episode cause I usually listen when I don't really have the opportunity to sit and skip ahead and I really don't want to sit with 2 full minutes of ear blowing static.

50 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Has this issue been fixed at all? I've been holding off on listening to the episode cause I usually listen when I don't really have the opportunity to sit and skip ahead and I really don't want to sit with 2 full minutes of ear blowing static.

It looks like it's fine on Stitcher, but Soundcloud still has the static.

1 minute ago, JammerLea said:

It looks like it's fine on Stitcher, but Soundcloud still has the static.

I listen via iTunes so it may be the same as Stitcher which is promising.

39 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I listen via iTunes so it may be the same as Stitcher which is promising.

It was fine from iTunes 

• Thanks 1

I really hope someone brings up Gene Simmons in Never Too Late To Die is Lanie Kazan in Lust in the Dust

On 8/11/2018 at 5:17 PM, BeingAllFishies said:

FYI if anyone is debating whether to watch Never Too Young To Die, it's a HARD watch. At 1 hr. 11 min. it suddenly becomes the best movie in history.

40 minutes into this movie I was checking to see when it would end but then it took a turn for the better and I was glad I stuck around. What a crazy movie though! I can't wait to hear what the gang has to say about it.

Also, I'm very grateful it was on Amazon Prime and I didn't have to pay to watch this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hotironskillet said:

40 minutes into this movie I was checking to see when it would end but then it took a turn for the better and I was glad I stuck around. What a crazy movie though! I can't wait to hear what the gang has to say about it.

Also, I'm very grateful it was on Amazon Prime and I didn't have to pay to watch this.

For anyone, like me, who doesn't have Amazon Prime, this is available for free on Hoopla digital. It's a free streaming service that a lot of libraries use. If you have a library card, you might be able to use it without having to go to a library at all (other than initially getting the card).

• Like 1

At 11:30 there's one of the worst continuity errors I've ever seen.  His goggles just vanish

30 minutes in and Vanity-who was the first person I was rooting for, because hello, lady!-shakes my faith in her. 

She's supposed to be a hyper-competent super-spy, and frickin' John Stamos can follow her on a motorcycle and she doesn't know until he pulls up next to her?

Still, I ended up really wishing the movie had been about her, at least as she was in the first third of the movie.

Before she succumbed to Stamos' "manly" charms and became just another damsel in distress.

Edited by BenA.Varkentine_29772
Added paragraphs.

On 8/13/2018 at 5:49 PM, LTL said:

I really hope someone brings up Gene Simmons in Never Too Late To Die is Lanie Kazan in Lust in the Dust

Actually I think he's doing Cher, who he dated in the late '70s.