🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 58 - BONUS: Listler's Love Lockdown

Marissa and Listler take LIVE listener call-ins, and giving their best love and life advice with their very on-brand dulcet tones. Want more Bonus Episodes of Listler’s Love Lockdown? Subscribe now on Stitcher Premium.

You know, I love the insane improv of Womp It Up... but seriously, nothing makes me happier than hearing Jess & Lennon (or Marisa & Listler) give advice.  They're insightful and so encouraging and supportive.  Love it.  So much inspiration.  I pretend they're my life coaches.

• Like 1

That is fascinating, "AlmostAGhost,"  because I feel the exact opposite.  I looooove the characters Marissa and Charlotte.  But when they suddenly start doling out advice, it's like sccreeeeeech, the brakes are on, and we've taken a hairpin turn, and Marissa has morphed instantaneously from a 17 to 22 year old high schooler to a 45 year old woman.  Notice that even in your comment above, you refer to the advice-givers as Jessica and Lennon.  Yet....they still refer to themselves as Marissa and Listler.  They should not call it "Lister's" love lockdown...they should say we're now breaking character and this will be "Lennon's" love lockdown.  Marissa the normally-clueless suddenly doling out serious advice with the experienced voice of a 45 year old woman is something I fast forward through.  The rest of the podcast? Comedy gold.  

• Like 1

I agree it is a sort of sudden, unexpected turn from crazy improv into reality, but that doesn't mean they're incompatible.  I like both sides, and for me it helps ground the absurdity to have them answer listener questions.  It is why I prefer their tales of high school over, say, The Teacher's Lounge.

Also I used their real names because recently there was an episode where they gave advice/answered questions as Jessica and Lennon.  And as you say, the advice mostly comes from their own selves - Marisa wouldn't have this wisdom. 

• Like 1

Exactly; the postcast is about Marissa Wompler, and now at least 1/3rd of the poscast is Parham and St. Clair doling out average white chick love advice. Which ends up being just them hedging their own opinions with "like, I guess..." and going back and forth on their own opinions.  Stay in your lane, funny ladies. With that said, if *Marissa* and *Charlotte* gave the advice, and stayed in character, of course the advice would be totally off the mark and hence hilarious.  Marissa giving love advice? She's only ever had relations with a coat rack.  Lister? She dated a guy with a secret family.  Their advice would be hysterical.