🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DreamingStarkly

The Machine Girl

One of my favorite weird Japanese films I like to watch with friends, this movie comes from writer-director Noboru Iguchi, whose other films include Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead, RoboGeisha (another great weird one), and Mutant Girls Squad. The film is about a girl who stands up against the bully who killed her brother, unfortunately that bully is the son of the Yakuza (japanese mafia), and she gets her arm lopped off. After a hasty escape, she teams up with mechanic who lost her son to the yakuza. Outfitted with a machine gun attached to her missing arm, she seeks bloody ridiculous revenge against those that did her in.
--
Warning: video contains exploding heads, among other violent things.

So much fun... the firehose like blood spray was brilliantly over the top.. but suffered from that same issue with so many of these Asian action flicks of an explosive start that slow down to a snails pace between the action later on.

In the vein of Japanese shock/gore action movies, The Machine Girl may be the most insane. A girls brother is killed by bullies who are connected a ninja-Yakuza gang and she wants revenge. After losing her arm she gets a makeshift machine gun from the mother of a boy who was killed along with her brother. All sorts of craziness happens including panko arms, headless bodies being used like super soakers, and people being electricuted they fall into a puddle of pee wearing an electrical drill bra. I am not making any of this up.

Here is the full dubbed movie from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHyKNKr-7Dk

By American standards this is definitely a really crazy movie. But in Japan there's a whole genre of films like this. Tokyo Gore Police, Robo Geisha, and Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl, being some of the most popular ones along with Machine Girl.

Oh yeah they are all insane, especially Gore Police and Geisha, but Machine Girl is shocking in that it's crazy while people think it's normal in that movie world.Even movies like Battle Royale or Battle Baseball would be great for the show just to hear June get confused five minutes into the episode and Jason to go insane, like Battlefield Earth or Mac and Me insane.

Or Funky Forest, which has some of the most bizarre shit I've ever seen in my life, for example:

The whole movie is on youtube too, but I don't know, it's 2 and a half hours of crazy, it might be too much.

Sign in to follow this