🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 46 Preview (SaraK’s 3rd Pick)

Sara, do you mind swapping with Max this week? If that’s okay...

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Oooh ok. I didn't realize I was so close to being up! My brain has been in easygoing Rom-Com mode this weekend, since I watched two Netflix ones (Set It Up and To All The Boys I Loved Before - both are very cute) and made plans to go see Crazy Rich Asians later this week. So the first one that pops in my head is in a similar vein. 

image.png.1b1909b67e250ca6181c4164bbd63058.png

I love this movie - its so light-hearted and silly. 

• Like 7

Ooh! I haven’t seen this in awhile! I’m looking forward to revisiting it :)

• Like 2

I have the BEST story about seeing Enchanted in the theaters, I can't wait

• Like 5

Never seen this! I am curious.

(Set It Up is very cute indeed)

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, SaraK said:

Oooh ok. I didn't realize I was so close to being up! My brain has been in easygoing Rom-Com mode this weekend, since I watched two Netflix ones (Set It Up and To All The Boys I Loved Before - both are very cute) and made plans to go see Crazy Rich Asians later this week. So the first one that pops in my head is in a similar vein. 

Hide contents

image.png.1b1909b67e250ca6181c4164bbd63058.png

I love this movie - its so light-hearted and silly. 

I'm pretty excited to see this. I've always meant to watch it and just never got around to it. This will finally be my motivation.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, SaraK said:

My brain has been in easygoing Rom-Com mode this weekend, since I watched two Netflix ones (Set It Up and To All The Boys I Loved Before - both are very cute) and made plans to go see Crazy Rich Asians later this week. So the first one that pops in my head is in a similar vein.

You should watch The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society because it's also very romantic and cute and has my two faves Lily James and Michiel Huisman in it and I'm now obsessed with this movie (just ordered the book off amazon too lol).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

You should watch The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society because it's also very romantic and cute and has my two faves Lily James and Michiel Huisman in it and I'm now obsessed with this movie (just ordered the book off amazon too lol).

That's on my list for sure! Aside from loving Michiel Huisman, I will watch anything Glen Powell is in. Ever since he was in Scream Queens saying ridiculous things, I've been a fan. He seems to have pretty good taste in projects.

8j12.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaraK said:

That's on my list for sure! Aside from loving Michiel Huisman, I will watch anything Glen Powell is in. Ever since he was in Scream Queens saying ridiculous things, I've been a fan. He seems to have pretty good taste in projects.

8j12.gif

I legit didn't know who he was before Guernsey but apparently he's also in Hidden Figures as John Glenn - oh shit and Set It Up lol. Him and Michiel are Netflix Romance darlings now it seems lol.

(Literally tho Michiel is so gorgeous and so good I will watch everything he's in.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

(Literally tho Michiel is so gorgeous and so good I will watch everything he's in.)

I know he's from Game of Thrones, but I never saw that, so my first intro to him was when he was in one of the seasons of Orphan Black. I desperately wanted him to come back but he got real popular because of his Blake Lively movie and never returned. Total bummer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaraK said:

I know he's from Game of Thrones, but I never saw that, so my first intro to him was when he was in one of the seasons of Orphan Black. I desperately wanted him to come back but he got real popular because of his Blake Lively movie and never returned. Total bummer. 

Yeah he did Orphan Black and then left for Game of Thrones and I was dying to see Sarah and Cal reunited in that final season and was so sad to see it not happen. At least it sounds like he left on good terms cause they didn't like kill him off or anything, even if that just makes me question even more why he never came back. Obvs it was probably scheduling cause I think he filmed Irreplaceable You, Guernsey, and 2 more movies back to back with a few breaks to spend with his family.

...Did I mention I'm absolutely obsessed with this man LOL!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Yeah he did Orphan Black and then left for Game of Thrones and I was dying to see Sarah and Cal reunited in that final season and was so sad to see it not happen. At least it sounds like he left on good terms cause they didn't like kill him off or anything, even if that just makes me question even more why he never came back. Obvs it was probably scheduling cause I think he filmed Irreplaceable You, Guernsey, and 2 more movies back to back with a few breaks to spend with his family.

...Did I mention I'm absolutely obsessed with this man LOL!

I like to imagine that Cal and Sarah reunited after the finale, and he lives with her in Mrs. S' old house. I feel like that's what would have happened if he had time to come back. Or they would have killed him off too -so maybe, good he couldn't? 

• Like 1

Just now, SaraK said:

I like to imagine that Cal and Sarah reunited after the finale, and he lives with her in Mrs. S' old house. I feel like that's what would have happened if he had time to come back. Or they would have killed him off too -so maybe, good he couldn't? 

So many theories! I like to think that when Sarah left with Kira and Felix that they met up with him at his RV in some new remote area and they can just go and travel all over the world together.

• Like 1

OK newbie here.  How does 'Musical Mondays' work?  When do we discuss what we watch?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

OK newbie here.  How does 'Musical Mondays' work?  When do we discuss what we watch?

Watch whenever you get there chance this week. There will be a topic next Monday to start discussing it.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Welcome to the group!!! Do you wanna join our pick rotation as well?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Welcome to the group!!! Do you wanna join our pick rotation as well?

Hmm no not yet, let me see if I can fit it in with any regularity or not.  I don't even always watch the How Did It Get Made movie, so we'll see.

Also I'm not particularly a musical fan, nor knowledgeable about the genre, so it'll be better to let others pick

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Hmm no not yet, let me see if I can fit it in with any regularity or not.  I don't even always watch the How Did It Get Made movie, so we'll see.

Also I'm not particularly a musical fan, nor knowledgeable about the genre, so it'll be better to let others pick

There's absolutely no requirement to watch or participate every week in order to join our rotation. I certainly haven't been able to make it through every week but you bet I'm gonna make everyone else watch Josie and The Pussycats lol!

But that's still totally fair and your decision so if you ever change your mind let us know!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

To add to Taylor Anne, you also don't need to be well versed in musicals either. Most of us aren't big musical people. Don't feel pressured to goin the rotation but don't feel like you can't participate because you aren't educated on the genre. This isn't serious business...except for Josie And The Pussycats which is the most serious business.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Perfect thanks, will try to add this to the rotation

Welcome!

• Like 3

Oh ya I'll definitely try to participate in discussion if I watch, but being a chooser seemed like too lofty a position to start with haha

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Oh ya I'll definitely try to participate in discussion if I watch, but being a chooser seemed like too lofty a position to start with haha

No problem! Currently, Slide Pocket is the last person on the rotation. Usually, when I get to the end, I’ll ask if anyone wants to jump in. If by that point you want to make your first pick, you’re more than welcome to do so :)

• Like 3

is there a list somewhere (Letterboxd maybe?) that I can see what you've done

• Like 1