🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 46 Preview (SaraK’s 3rd Pick)

3 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

is there a list somewhere (Letterboxd maybe?) that I can see what you've done

Here's mine!

• Like 5

Hmm I actually did just grab a couple of musicals you haven't done.  OK add me to the rotation

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Hmm no not yet, let me see if I can fit it in with any regularity or not.  I don't even always watch the How Did It Get Made movie, so we'll see.

Also I'm not particularly a musical fan, nor knowledgeable about the genre, so it'll be better to let others pick

I'm also interested in expanding my movie chops with musicals. I usually think I won't like them, but then I can recite Annie from memory. 

ETA - It's great that the regulars on these forums are so welcoming :)

• Like 8

Yay! I added you as well, WatchOut!

As far as being welcoming, it’s super easy when the forums attract such high caliber people. We’re glad to have you and AlmostAGhost here with us now :)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

You should watch The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society because it's also very romantic and cute and has my two faves Lily James and Michiel Huisman in it and I'm now obsessed with this movie (just ordered the book off amazon too lol).

I know it's not Great Literature, but the book will always hold a special place in my heart. My Mom had ordered the book at the same time as her sister and her coworker had, so she thought she was going to have her own little impromptu book club, but both her Guernsey compatriots crapped out on her. So she was telling me about this, and I think I was just coming off of a difficult semester of going back to school and it not working out, so I needed something very non-studious to fill my brain. I said "I'LL READ IT WITH YOU!" and we were able to bond over this silly book and I ended up kind of loving it.

And as much as I love Game of Thrones, I know Michiel Huisman from Treme, which he was fantastic in. I really feel that is a very underrated series. I'm not even that big a fan of jazz but I loved that show. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

I know it's not Great Literature, but the book will always hold a special place in my heart. My Mom had ordered the book at the same time as her sister and her coworker had, so she thought she was going to have her own little impromptu book club, but both her Guernsey compatriots crapped out on her. So she was telling me about this, and I think I was just coming off of a difficult semester of going back to school and it not working out, so I needed something very non-studious to fill my brain. I said "I'LL READ IT WITH YOU!" and we were able to bond over this silly book and I ended up kind of loving it.

And as much as I love Game of Thrones, I know Michiel Huisman from Treme, which he was fantastic in. I really feel that is a very underrated series. I'm not even that big a fan of jazz but I loved that show. 

I honestly can't wait to read it! Michiel and Lily did such a fantastic job that I'm genuinely like "I need more of Juliet and Dawsey wtf."

Do you know if that series can be found online anywhere? Like Sara I discovered him from Orphan Black so before that my knowledge is slim to none.

• Like 1

Treme was HBO, so they keep a real tight lid on its online presence, unfortunately. Your best bet would probably be to wait until Amazon does that "free streaming with Prime" thing they do every year or so with HBO Now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

This is an adorable story 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, SaraK said:

Oooh ok. I didn't realize I was so close to being up! My brain has been in easygoing Rom-Com mode this weekend, since I watched two Netflix ones (Set It Up and To All The Boys I Loved Before - both are very cute) and made plans to go see Crazy Rich Asians later this week. So the first one that pops in my head is in a similar vein. 

Definitely go see Crazy Rich Asians. I saw it last night and it's so wonderful.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

Treme was HBO, so they keep a real tight lid on its online presence, unfortunately. Your best bet would probably be to wait until Amazon does that "free streaming with Prime" thing they do every year or so with HBO Now.

Ah my mom has HBO so I know what I'll be searching for this weekend 👀

• Like 2

On 8/20/2018 at 7:47 PM, Quasar Sniffer said:

Treme (Seasons 1-4) is available now with Amazon Prime in the U.S.  Not sure how many seasons the show ran.

Edited by Cinco DeNio
Clarified which seasons.
  • Like 2

I watched Enchanted for the first time last night.  That was a lot of fun!  I had to pause several times to go do laundry but never shut it off early.

Loved the Easter eggs, especially a couple cast members.  Unfortunately I don't remember who they were in the movie so I will have to watch it again.  Darn the luck. 🙂  Good thing I bought the movie.

• Like 1

Aghhhh, I've never seen Enchanted, but I've always wanted to. And I'm deep into con prep this week and next, so I don't think I'm gonna get a chance to watch this.
Nnoooooooooooooooooooo!!

I am still going to try to keep up the spreadsheet list, so I'll plug that too if anyone new wants to catch up on the old discussion threads

Musical Mondays Google Spreadsheet

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, JammerLea said:

Aghhhh, I've never seen Enchanted, but I've always wanted to. And I'm deep into con prep this week and next, so I don't think I'm gonna get a chance to watch this.
Nnoooooooooooooooooooo!!

I am still going to try to keep up the spreadsheet list, so I'll plug that too if anyone new wants to catch up on the old discussion threads

Musical Mondays Google Spreadsheet

Thanks again for the spreadsheet, Jam!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Weird question, does anyone here own the 1980 film Flash Gordon?

1 hour ago, CameronH said:

Weird question, does anyone here own the 1980 film Flash Gordon?

I don't unfortunately.

WeeMassiveAfricanaugurbuzzard-small.gif

• Like 2

Dumb question.  What were the movies for Chicago and New York?  I know Yes, Giorgio was one of the BAM shows but what was the other?  On Facebook it says Never To Young to Die was a Largo show so have we heard the episode of the 2nd BAM show?

5 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Dumb question.  What were the movies for Chicago and New York?  I know Yes, Giorgio was one of the BAM shows but what was the other?  On Facebook it says Never To Young to Die was a Largo show so have we heard the episode of the 2nd BAM show?

The Chicago shows were Rad, Blues Brothers 2000, Striptease, and Hurricane Heist. The second BAM show was Beastly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DanEngler said:

The Chicago shows were Rad, Blues Brothers 2000, Striptease, and Hurricane Heist. The second BAM show was Beastly.

Thank you!