🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

In Voorhees We Trust With Gourley and Rust

Lace up your hiking boots and pick a bunk because your stay at Camp Crystal Lake is just beginning. In this free and full-length primer episode of 'In Voorhees We Trust With Gourley and Rust,' you’ll learn why Matt and Paul love the Friday the 13th franchise so much, what they expect to learn about themselves in revisiting it, and how they plan to tackle and assess all 12 films of the Voorhees family legacy. Join them on their journey to Crystal Lake, Manhattan, hell, and outer space beyond!

For more In Voorhees We Trust, go to stitcherpremium.com/voorhees and use promo code 'VOORHEES’ for 1 month free!

Is there no separate board yet for this show?

I really think Matt and Paul are being too literal about how they are thinking about the Jason age timeline. These movies operate in the realm of myth and metaphor; you have to think of Crystal Lake as a kind of giant amniotic sac. When Jason "drowns" he does not die insomuch as he is sucked back into his mother's womb, perhap due to the power of her grief. This is how he is able to speak through her. And maybe it's why she didn't attempt to rescue him when he was drowning; he was re-entering her, becoming one with her, reforming the fetus-mother bond. It's hard to move when that's happening.. Then, when she is killed (which he witnesses psychically in utero), he is, by necessity, reborn -- at the same age at which he's been gestating within her womb for 22 years. Once out in the world again -- his attack on Alice is his birth; it's a fact that most babies are born in "attack mode," but they're so small we hardly notice, and women rarely give birth in canoes -- his delayed growth is accelerated, and we see him at various stages of adolescence and early adulthood throughout the series.

I hope this clears things up.

BTW, I subscribed to premium solely for this show.

Enjoy my F13 GIFs. I made one of Bacon's gluteal crease just for Paul.

34 minutes ago, dorrk said:

Is there no separate board yet for this show?

They stopped updating the forum for Stitcher Premium at some point.

Hi! Are you talking about this show?

95a6c6d9a202095e5e42ecb4772ac14343f9bcd47c6afba17ac35d64dfd18ce453b7a0ecb404e32be247cabff796916d55823c42eb253e0f0c5edf32714fbbad.jpeg.711bf8bdca642abe351811b18591156f.jpeg

I saw this poster on facebook and decided to ask you😀

Is there any news about a follow-up to the (hopefully) first season of this show? I've been anticipating watching the entire Halloween series for the first time along with Gourley and Rust, and if they're going to do it this year, they would need to be starting around now to have it end near Oct. 31.

I just heard Rust on the Movies that Made Me podcast, and was disappointed that there was no announcement.

2 minutes ago, dorrk said:

Is there any news about a follow-up to the (hopefully) first season of this show? I've been anticipating watching the entire Halloween series for the first time along with Gourley and Rust, and if they're going to do it this year, they would need to be starting around now to have it end near Oct. 31.

I just heard Rust on the Movies that Made Me podcast, and was disappointed that there was no announcement.

Listen to Matt's recent episode of Alison Rosen is Your New Best Friend. I don't remember if an exact date was mentioned, but there's more coming.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, GraceD said:

Hi! Are you talking about this show?

95a6c6d9a202095e5e42ecb4772ac14343f9bcd47c6afba17ac35d64dfd18ce453b7a0ecb404e32be247cabff796916d55823c42eb253e0f0c5edf32714fbbad.jpeg.711bf8bdca642abe351811b18591156f.jpeg

I saw this poster on facebook and decided to ask you😀

Ahahahha nice pic bro