đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Ludofl3x

The Beastmaster (1982)

One of the staples of my childhood, and I can't believe it hasn't been done (or come up, according to the search function). Ever want to see John Amos (that's the one from Good Times, not the one from Full House) in a leather thong? Here's your change! How about Rip Torn throwing a fake baby into a fire? Bingo! Attack ferrets? INCLUDED. Gratuitous titties? Check (No quite Sheena with Tonya Roberts, the all time champion of gratuitous nudity)! A hero named, no joke, DAR! PLayed by 80s staple Marc Singer, oiled to a dangerous level! Weird creatures whose superpowers are basically liquefying their enemies by hugging them! Top that off with an urban legend that they killed three tigers by painting them to look like black panthers (as opposed to getting black panthers)!

• Like 1

I don’t know how the hell this movie didn’t make the cut. I loved this as a kid. I’m only 20 minutes in and I’m still trying to figure out why my parents let me watch this when I was 7. 

It hysterically amazing! DO IT!

• Like 1

I really think HDTGM should do one of these swords and sorcery and scantily clad warrior women movies from the 1980s inspired by Beastmaster.
All of the video covers are pretty much identical, crazy muscular men and lots of warrior women with the bare minimum of armor.

Deathstalker (1983)
Deathstalker II (1987
Deathstalker III: The Warrior from Hell (1988)
Deathstalker IV: Match of the Titans (1991)
The Warrior and the Sorceress (1984) with David Carradine
Barbarian Queen (1985)
Sorceress (1982)

I don't know which of these would be best, but to feature one and talk about this weird mid-80s fetish, as I am sure there are many other sword/sorcery 80s films, perhaps after Krull was a success.