🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
grudlian.

HDTGM Classics Vol. 13 The Smurfs (9/14 9PM EST)

I think the 14th will be fine. I don’t think I made it through it so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

I’ve never watched Smurfs.

fyi in Spain smurfs are Los Pitufos (I just find that crazy) and there’s a “Smurf” town https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Júzcar 

That's so crazy - I kind of love it. Their whole town is a testament to a middle-of-the-road kid's movie. It would be like making your house an homage to Blank Check or something.

• Like 3

I've never seen The Smurfs movie mainly because I'm still traumatized from the Alvin and the Chipmunk movie that came out around the same time. I assume it's going to be similarly upsetting from the trailers. Like June that film made me feel ill.  Sidenote: my mom dressed me up as a Smurf for my first Halloween.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomspanks said:

I’ve never watched Smurfs.

fyi in Spain smurfs are Los Pitufos (I just find that crazy) and there’s a “Smurf” town https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Júzcar 

How horrible disappointed that town must have been when they saw the end results.

I'm good for the 14th

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

How horrible disappointed that town must have been when they saw the end results.

I'm good for the 14th

End results as in the movie ending?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomspanks said:

End results as in the movie ending?

Yes

Put me down as a maybe right now. That'll be a busy weekend for me and I have no idea if it'll all start on that Friday or not.

Strong maybe from me. As of now I have nothing going on, but I have this nagging feeling I'm forgetting something that weekend

• Like 1

Smurfs is on Starz. I would be happy to host, but if anyone else wants to, that's cool too.

Actually sorry guys I just found out there is a protest tonight at the Dallas Police Headquarters and I want to be there to support finding justice for Botham Jean. Dallas is topsy turvy right now and I want to do my part in helping the people of color in this town.

• Like 5

You know something’s been bugging me and it just occurred to me that they gave the smurfs in this movie eyelashes and hair and tiny pecs and made them more lifelike, but they don’t have fucking nostrils.  Like, their noses are just these blue face bumps that serve no real purpose, except maybe eskimo kisses?  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tomspanks said:

You know something’s been bugging me and it just occurred to me that they gave the smurfs in this movie eyelashes and hair and tiny pecs and made them more lifelike, but they don’t have fucking nostrils.  Like, their noses are just these blue face bumps that serve no real purpose, except maybe eskimo kisses?  

A noseless smurf is nightmare fuel.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Like Snorks?

A nose and a head tube? That's just silly

• Like 2