πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 47 Stage Fright

12 hours ago, CameronH said:

And the "I Totally Checked Out of the Movie" Award goes to...😜

I had no idea there were Les Producerables posters either....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tomspanks said:

To be fair I didn't check out of the movie and I didn't notice those posters either lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomspanks said:

On one hand, I noticed the poster. On the other hand, I had no idea they were twins.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

On one hand, I noticed the poster. On the other hand, I had no idea they were twins.

When Meatloaf takes the kids out of Minnie Driver's dressing room he says "Should I take the twins?".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grudlian. said:

On one hand, I noticed the poster, noticed the twins, andΒ knewΒ Meatloaf was in this on some level, but had no idea he was the camp director/murderer 1 until Monday.Β 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, CameronH said:

Did anyone else find the singing to be particularly...not good? There were some songs where I was just like, β€œno.”

Of course, this goes back to the idea that everything was kind of half-assed. Had even one of the elements been better, I think the movie would have been more enjoyable.

I absolutely was not a fan of the music. The songs themselves were awful, and the actual singing was cringe-worthy. I found myself skipping forward through a lot of them because I just couldn't.Β I kept wishing I was watching Sleepaway CampΒ instead.Β 

I'm coming late to the game on on this one. This was a bad and not particularly enjoyably bad one. The casting couch scenes bothered me a lot and I don't have much to add on that that hasn't already been said. Regarding the twins' ages,Β I did have the feeling that the twins were maybe just entering their last year of high school, or maybe had just graduated. I got the sense that this was a pre-college time for them and their last summer they had to be at the camp, so I'd put them at 18.

I was also bothered by how Camille decorated the inside of that pantry door like a high school locker with a shrine to her mom.Β Is that a thing in kitchens - to decorate the inside of your pantry doors? Β 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

On one hand, I noticed the poster, noticed the twins, andΒ knewΒ Meatloaf was in this on some level, but had no idea he was the camp director/murderer 1 until Monday.Β 

HE WAS THE MURDERER?!?! I thought the murderer was the twin. I...uhhh...I feel really stupid.

EDIT: You just mean the most of Minnie Driver right? I knew that but if he murdered everyone else, oh jeez, I'm an idiot.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I absolutely was not a fan of the music. The songs themselves were awful, and the actual singing was cringe-worthy. I found myself skipping forward through a lot of them because I just couldn't.Β I kept wishing I was watching Sleepaway CampΒ instead.Β 

I'm coming late to the game on on this one. This was a bad and not particularly enjoyably bad one. The casting couch scenes bothered me a lot and I don't have much to add on that that hasn't already been said. Regarding the twins' ages,Β I did have the feeling that the twins were maybe just entering their last year of high school, or maybe had just graduated. I got the sense that this was a pre-college time for them and their last summer they had to be at the camp, so I'd put them at 18.

I was also bothered by how Camille decorated the inside of that pantry door like a high school locker with a shrine to her mom.Β Is that a thing in kitchens - to decorate the inside of your pantry doors? Β 

That was a pantry?!? For some reason I thought that was the refrigerator door.

6 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

HE WAS THE MURDERER?!?! I thought the murderer was the twin. I...uhhh...I feel really stupid.

Meat killed their mother. The brother was the camp murderer. When he exposes Meat, Meat kills him and goes after her (I can’t remember names)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, CameronH said:

Meat killed their mother. The brother was the camp murderer. When he exposes Meat, Meat kills him and goes after her (I can’t remember names)

Ok. I got it up until Meat Loaf killed the brother. But I'll blame that on just not paying attention instead of not getting it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CameronH said:

That was a pantry?!? For some reason I thought that was the refrigerator door.

It could have been a refrigerator door. Also, more odd? Isn't it more typical to decorate theΒ outsideΒ of the refrigerator?Β 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

It could have been a refrigerator door. Also, more odd? Isn't it more typical to decorate theΒ outsideΒ of the refrigerator?Β 

No doubt. Either way, it was the craziest thing I ever did see.

• Like 3

One other thing that bothered me was the murderer's choice of weapons.Β  It looked like he took paint can lids and cut them to make the blades (or attached blades).Β  I was expecting him to use something more related to the show.Β  Even in the Kabuki version there were no bladed weapons.

10 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

One other thing that bothered me was the murderer's choice of weapons.Β  It looked like he took paint can lids and cut them to make the blades (or attached blades).Β  I was expecting him to use something more related to the show.Β  Even in the Kabuki version there were no bladed weapons.

I did appreciate that he killed the wardrobe girl with her weird Hellraiser mannequin

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I did appreciate that he killed the wardrobe girl with her weird Hellraiser mannequin

sure but, as was the movie's tendency,Β it was ruined with the "NAILED IT" pun right after

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I guess they were from big tomato cans or something, considering his job.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

im-sorry.gif

Let me start this post by saying that I'm sorry... I genuinely thought that "the more, the merrier" theory would apply to the discussion of this movie and I was clearly wrong...

I noticed that the movie had 3 different editors (one for every movie genre maybe? Horror/Musical/Comedy) this once again debunks the "the more, the merrier" theory and apart from the uneven general tone of the movie IMHO the various editors made the exposition of information and backstory clunky and some important facts are burried by all the unimportant dialogue and "out of the blue" actions of most of the characters. The flashback at the beginning is set up like a nightmare the main girl is having when she wakes up the day the kids come to camp... But then they put the "10 years later" text and that happens various times throughout the running time of the movie

Also they didn't use the camp/forest setting to it's full potential

This was the 2nd time I saw this movie, I also noticed near the end that, when the main girl goes to the dressing room to find the guy and the costumer dead the play goes into full bad improv disaster mode I felt the movie also wentΒ  into that mode...

I have some more things to say but I want to ponder a little bit more...

Β 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, IMAHUGEHDTGMFAN said:

im-sorry.gif

Let me start this post by saying that I'm sorry... I genuinely thought that "the more, the merrier" theory would apply to the discussion of this movie and I was clearly wrong...

I noticed that the movie had 3 different editors (one for every movie genre maybe? Horror/Musical/Comedy) this once again debunks the "the more, the merrier" theory and apart from the uneven general tone of the movie IMHO the various editors made the exposition of information and backstory clunky and some important facts are burried by all the unimportant dialogue and "out of the blue" actions of most of the characters.Β 

Β 

Too many murderous camp cooks in the murderous camp kitchen, as they say.

• Like 5

So was the metal killer going to just kill everybody anyway? Don't we see him before the announcement of the play? So it is just coincidental that the killer he's paying homage to is also the main character of the play they are going to do that year? Also did he want to kill the kids because he hated them, that's why he had their head shots and was slashing them up, or did he want revenge on Meatloaf for his mother's death? Or was it two birds with one stone?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

So was the metal killer going to just kill everybody anyway? Don't we see him before the announcement of the play? So it is just coincidental that the killer he's paying homage to is also the main character of the play they are going to do that year? Also did he want to kill the kids because he hated them, that's why he had their head shots and was slashing them up, or did he want revenge on Meatloaf for his mother's death? Or was it two birds with one stone?

I think since that's the last play his mother was in the night she died that it was just a coincidence that they decided to do it at the camp. I also think he had it out for everyone because of how deranged his mind had gone, but I'm not exactly sure if there was a true motive or if he had just gone crazy.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I think since that's the last play his mother was in the night she died that it was just a coincidence that they decided to do it at the camp. I also think he had it out for everyone because of how deranged his mind had gone, but I'm not exactly sure if there was a true motive or if he had just gone crazy.

That poor boy in the dance belt did not deserve to be on his murder list.Β 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, IMAHUGEHDTGMFAN said:

im-sorry.gif

I noticed that the movie had 3 different editors (one for every movie genre maybe? Horror/Musical/Comedy) this once again debunks the "the more, the merrier" theory and apart from the uneven general tone of the movie IMHO the various editors made the exposition of information and backstory clunky and some important facts are burried by all the unimportant dialogue and "out of the blue" actions of most of the characters. The flashback at the beginning is set up like a nightmare the main girl is having when she wakes up the day the kids come to camp... But then they put the "10 years later" text and that happens various times throughout the running time of the movie

Also they didn't use the camp/forest setting to it's full potential

This was the 2nd time I saw this movie, I also noticed near the end that, when the main girl goes to the dressing room to find the guy and the costumer dead the play goes into full bad improv disaster mode I felt the movie also wentΒ  into that mode...

I have some more things to say but I want to ponder a little bit more...

Β 

Definitely don't apologize. I think the are some good ideas in this movie. I think I just went in with different expectations than what it was. There some parts I really enjoyed and I'm glad I saw it.

• Like 4