🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 48 Preview (Grudlian's 2nd pick)

OK, Grudlian, hurry up with the pick! If not done quickly

x15ftt8f8aypkcnlxmod.gif

Edited by Cinco DeNio
Changed to Grudlian to make the pick.
  • Like 6

I sent a PM to Joel, but I haven’t heard back. He just commented on Beastly yesterday, so he should be around. If we don’t hear from him by tomorrow morning, we’ll move on to Grudlian’s pick. Does that sound fair to everyone?

• Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, CameronH said:

I sent a PM to Joel, but I haven’t heard back. He just commented on Beastly yesterday, so he should be around. If we don’t hear from him by tomorrow morning, we’ll move on to Grudlian’s pick. Does that sound fair to everyone?

NO! I'M NOT READY!

I mean, yeah, I guess so.

14 hours ago, grudlian. said:

NO! I'M NOT READY!

I mean, yeah, I guess so.

You're on the clock!

tumblr_ltugizX7ih1qbgyx2o1_500.gif

• Like 1

I've thought long and hard about this since I found out yesterday it's my turn. I've been strongly considering making my choice the entire run of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend but decided that would be unfair to watch 30 hours of television in a week (but watch it anyway).

So, I decided we're going to watch Spike Lee's School Daze instead.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Excellent!  I don't think I've ever seen a Spike Lee movie.

Check out Crooklyn if you wanna dip your toe in the Spike Lee pool?  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Check out Crooklyn if you wanna dip your toe in the Spike Lee pool?  

I'm also going to say watch Do The Right Thing at some point. I'd say it's his best movie but it's like jumping in headfirst.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, grudlian. said:

I've thought long and hard about this since I found out yesterday it's my turn. I've been strongly considering making my choice the entire run of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend but decided that would be unfair to watch 30 hours of television in a week (but watch it anyway).

So, I decided we're going to watch Spike Lee's School Daze instead.

I don't see how you can go wrong with Spike Lee, Laurence Fishburne, and a young Giancarlo Esposito!! On non-musical Spike Lee, I also really liked Chi-Raq. I don't think it got great reviews, but the writing was magnificent. A great adaptation of one of my favorite classic plays, Lysistrata. I believe Do the Right Thing is on the AFI 100, for those following Unspooled. So that one's on my list already. 

• Like 3

I knew of the movie but never knew it was so musically bent. Look forward to this but I'll be away for the weekend so may be late to the discussion.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

I knew of the movie but never knew it was so musically bent. Look forward to this but I'll be away for the weekend so may be late to the discussion.

🍻 

• Like 2

On 9/18/2018 at 10:53 AM, grudlian. said:

I'm also going to say watch Do The Right Thing at some point. I'd say it's his best movie but it's like jumping in headfirst.

I will also watch the School Daze sequel Dazed and Confused.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Ugh I got Newsies 😕

Oof. Me too...

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, CameronH said:

Oof. Me too...

giphy.gif

Which ones did you pick as your favorite? It would be delightful if we picked all the same ones lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Which ones did you pick as your favorite? It would be delightful if we picked all the same ones lol.

I just clicked all the ones I had seen. When I went with my actual favorites, it gave me a weird one lol 

Actual favorites from that list - Les Mis, Lion King, Hamilton, Wicked, Book of Mormon

Movie they recommended from those five was 'Opening Night', which I have never heard of and sounds super weird. And also has JC Chasez on the poster - Edit: I just realized Paul is in it too

33045153_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=5

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

West Side Story, Hamilton, The Lion King, Wicked, Book of Mormon, Mary Poppins, Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, Singin’ in the Rain, Rocky Horror :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CameronH said:

West Side Story, Hamilton, The Lion King, Wicked, Book of Mormon, Mary Poppins, Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, Singin’ in the Rain, Rocky Horror :)

I picked - Phantom, Sweeney Todd, Les Mis, Hamilton, Lion King, Wicked, Jesus Christ Superstar, Mary Poppins, Mamma Mia, Sound of Music, Singin in the Rain, Rocky Horror

I still haven't seen Book of Mormon yet whoops

• Like 3