🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 57 — Boogie Jams

It's not often we get a guest with David Wain's level of expertise. As the son of a broadcaster (and a hit maker himself) he brings some real gravitas to Entertainment Weekly's Top Singles of 2011 Chart. As the director of such hits and cult classics as Role Models and Wet Hot American Summer, David offers up a unique perspective on EW's Worst Movies of 2011 Chart. And as a former gambler he plays a round of Chart Roulette that'll keep you on the edge of your seat. But don't get him started on politics!

Great episode, as always! Though I must disagree with Howard regarding Pumped Up Kicks. That was one of my least favorite songs of the year. I'm surprised he didn't give Kreayshawn the top spot.

"Howard, don't call your DVD player a VCR." I also love watching (powering through) movies in double-time. You can hear the sound but it's even easier if there's English subtitles on the DVD.

Haha, I was passively listening to this episode while filling out job apps when David said he was co-directing a movie with Paul Thomas Anderson and it did indeed wake me up. Good call, Howard!

Surprised to see Bad Teacher popping up on a worst list and getting a bit of criticism, it was one of my favorite movies of the year. But then maybe that's because I thought it looked terrible from the trailer, but a friend convinced me it was good and worth a look and I ended up being very pleasantly surprised by it. Especially by Matt Besser Abe Lincoln.

David Wain was right; most people do not get to fly. I'm from South Carolina and have many friends who have never flown, and I'm not a total redneck. That's why airplane humor annoys me!

(for those counting, that name works on no less than 5 levels .... hehe)

Counting down from Number 5....

5. Lana Wood = Classic Actress

4. Lana Woody = bad pun :P

3. Lana had/has awesome melons :)

2. Woody is a classic car

1. Woody has some other meaning I can't quite remember at this moment :P

Greta Gremlin, Mae Monte Carlo or Rita Range Rover, for a little alliteration fun.

I wonder specifically HOW annoyed everyone at Earwolf is that this Colin guy is both ripping their Intellectual Property and in a way stopping them from creating merch using these concepts (because of the weird crossover of copyright, in that these are 'original' works).

David Wain. Such a delight.

Sign in to follow this