🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 198 - Look Who’s Talking Too: LIVE!

36 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I haven’t listened to the episode yet so I’m not sure if the context, but I know my baby is *really* bad around people he doesn’t know. It could be that they were afraid the baby would freak out, which would force them to leave or for HDTGM to put the show on hold while they calmed their child. 

The context is that it's Jason Mantzoukas

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

My baby doesn't know who that is. :P

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

I'm sure Jason is a lovely person in real life but he's still a stranger. The real question is would you let a stranger hold your baby? What if he was really funny?

• Like 2

I'm giving my baby to two strangers only to hold: Barack Obama, or Jason Mantzoukas.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I haven’t listened to the episode yet so I’m not sure if the context, but I know my baby is *really* bad around people he doesn’t know. It could be that they were afraid the baby would freak out, which would force them to leave or for HDTGM to put the show on hold while they calmed their child. 

There's no way my kid would go to Jason either... maybe when she was a tiny pea pod, but not once she became even a little bit aware. It would bring the show to a grinding halt and be unpleasant for all involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

I'm giving my baby to two strangers only to hold: Barack Obama, or Jason Mantzoukas.

I have the same baby holding list but I've added Chris Evans onto that.

5hD1V5F.gif

• Like 5

I don't have a baby nor do I want one but do you think Jason would accept my cats to hold? (Why do I feel like I'm asking what kind of tribute I should be bringing Jason as a sacrifice to hold?)

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, The_Triple_Lindy said:

GIVE ME THAT BABY

jason_mantzoukas_portrait_session_94517_

My baby would poop all over him. It wouldn’t be personal, though. He just really likes to poop.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

My baby would poop all over him. It wouldn’t be personal, though. He just really likes to poop.

It feels personal with my kid sometimes, though. 

• Like 2

I have seen a baby start bawling for no reason other than because my dad had a goatee, and let's face it, Jason has a LOT of facial hair.

• Like 3

Did anyone notice that at around 12 27 minutes in, (while Kirstie Alley and Olympia Dukakis are sitting outside having bagels & coffe), they cut to Kirstie Alley's father. He's ostensibly teaching the kid to do math, but he says "yeah, six, six, six dollars" 

I'm not a religious person, but I still wouldn't chant 666 to a child.

6661.jpg

• Like 1

this ep brought back a flood of memories to me about this franchise, specifically the first movie. Like I had blocked out it was George Segal as the scumbag Wall Street type in the first movie. 

I also really want the gang to either review Three Men and a Baby or just remake Three Men and a Baby

On 9/28/2018 at 11:18 PM, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

I have to touch on a couple of things that Jason brought up, first up the notion that Travolta as a pilot isn't making enough and has to drive a taxi as a second job is firmly rooted in reality. Most starting pilots make less than $20,000 a year, so thats perfectly believable to me. 

I concur. Back in college, I knew a guy who had his pilot's licence but was working as a retail store's assistant manager. When I asked him about it, he told me he wanted to be a commercial pilot, but you have to log a certain amount of flight time to even be considered for a job like that - which can be both time consuming and expensive. That's why so many pilots are former military as it allows them to accrue a significant amount of flight time at low personal cost.

So, yeah, Travolta's dream is to be a pilot, but he doesn't have the means to become one. It's like working as a waiter while auditioning for a acting roles. It would be nice if you could just spend all day every day auditioning, but most people still have to pay the bills.  

• Like 3

If this movie made one thing clear, the one thing Gilbert Gottfried certainly didn't need was some jerk off parent to start dancing around like a jack ass and overstimulating those kids. I mean, Gilbert's obviously already in way over his head. Does he really need some Elvis-fetishizing, dickhead parent to come in, dance up to the second floor, climb over the safety rails, and slide down a pole like he's fucking Tarzan? What kind of example is that? I guarantee the rest of Iago's day was just trying to prevent those freaking poop monsters from plunging to their grisly deaths.

• Like 4

Did anyone else think it was insane that Uncle Eddie’s argument for owning a gun wasn’t “You can protect your family from bad guys,” but “When the shit hits the fan, I am fully prepared to murder you and all of the other stuffed shirted wonks that have been foolishly stockpiling survival supplies.” 

I mean, that’s pretty much premeditation, right?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I concur. Back in college, I knew a guy who had his pilot's licence but was working as a retail store's assistant manager. When I asked him about it, he told me he wanted to be a commercial pilot, but you have to log a certain amount of flight time to even be considered for a job like that - which can be both time consuming and expensive. That's why so many pilots are former military as it allows them to accrue a significant amount of flight time at low personal cost.

So, yeah, Travolta's dream is to be a pilot, but he doesn't have the means to become one. It's like working as a waiter while auditioning for a acting roles. It would be nice if you could just spend all day every day auditioning, but most people still have to pay the bills.  

It's a bummer, I remember a story from a few years back where local pilots from my area were selling Monavie on the side in order to make a living. Which was of course  a pyramid scheme operation centered around smoothies, juices and nutritional powders.

18 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Did anyone else think it was insane that Uncle Eddie’s argument for owning a gun wasn’t “You can protect your family from bad guys,” but “When the shit hits the fan, I am fully prepared to murder you and all of the other stuffed shirted wonks that have been foolishly stockpiling survival supplies.” 

I mean, that’s pretty much premeditation, right?

Elias Koteas was easily the biggest casting mistake of the entire movie. He's a great actor, but he's just so intense for a dumb movie like this. The only way his character makes sense to me is if he's actually the one who robbed Kirstie Alley's friend, and the robber at the end is just some random burglar that Koteas realizes he can pin his crimes on. Like i'd be shocked if at some point in the script he wasn't involved with the robbery subplot. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

If this movie made one thing clear, the one thing Gilbert Gottfried certainly didn't need was some jerk off parent to start dancing around like a jack ass and overstimulating those kids. I mean, Gilbert's obviously already in way over his head. Does he really need some Elvis-fetishizing, dickhead parent to come in, dance up to the second floor, climb over the safety rails, and slide down a pole like he's fucking Tarzan? What kind of example is that? I guarantee the rest of Iago's day was just trying to prevent those freaking poop monsters from plunging to their grisly deaths.

What got to me about this moment that it is basically suggesting that a man can be an utter turd to his wife and churlish to the world in general, but as long as he has one moment to the contrary, all should be forgiven. "Oh, see? His not such a bad guy -- he's doing guerrilla karaoke to entertain his kids! It doesn't matter that he uses his wife's high salary as a cudgel whenever he's feeling called out."

• Like 2

Paul mentions how weird it is to have a portrait of the Vice President in a government office. I work for the Feds, and we do have a portrait of the Pres., VP, and head of our agency in each office.

The Cheney one was super creepy, and we used to steal it and put it in unsuspecting people’s office drawers. Also, for the first time since I can remember, Trump’s portrait has to be elevated above the others.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, The_Triple_Lindy said:

What got to me about this moment that it is basically suggesting that a man can be an utter turd to his wife and churlish to the world in general, but as long as he has one moment to the contrary, all should be forgiven. "Oh, see? His not such a bad guy -- he's doing guerrilla karaoke to entertain his kids! It doesn't matter that he uses his wife's high salary as a cudgel whenever he's feeling called out."

Honestly I think Kirstie Ally's character and the children would have been better off without him. Get her insane gun toting brother out of her apartment, redecorate, maybe get some therapy so she doesn't end up forcing whoever she dates after to be her children's instant daddy and try to be with herself. This guy was a jerk.  She deserves better for both herself and for her kids. You're partner should never make you feel lesser for being a bad ass at work or having a good paying job. Also I get that Mikey might not BIOLOGICALLY be his but he is still HIS SON. He agreed to be his father and that means he's his father 100%. He doesn't get to just throw that away or resent it because he isn't biologically his. ( not that it isn't ok for parents to have moments where they sometimes resent the more stressful sucky aspects of having kids. But that doesn't mean you bail and only show up for the fun parts). I was raised by a single mom who was in the  corporate world (my mom was a quality auditor for pharmaceutical companies and blood banks). It's really fucking hard having a demanding job and raising a kid alone. But she taught me that it's better to have an unconventional family structure than to settle for something . In conclusion Kirstie get rid of the fuck boi cabbie/ pilot, redecorate your place and kick ass at your life! Also maybe leave Scientology? #wheresshellymiscavige

• Like 3

So I found the strawberry baby bikini photos along with a bunch of other really interesting fashion choices from my youth (I'm just going to state right now no baby/ child needed as many swimsuits as I apparently owned) but no matter how hard I try I can't upload them because apparently even just the single baby bikini shot is too big and I'm too stupid to understand. That or Earwolf is trying to protect itself from ending up on some kind of a watch list which... fair. Though I am sad everyone is going to miss out on my delightful red sweater with the flower pom pom chest and zebra arms complete with FRINGE MANE. Honestly maybe the reason I looked like a hipster  god is because my grandma owned a resale shop?  

Kirstie’s last name in the movie, Ubriacco, means “drunk” in Italian. 

Maybe a little glimpse into the state of anyone involved in the making of this film?

• Like 4