đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
ElCap

Operation Dumbo Drop (1995)

Had a look around and didn't see anyone else suggesting it, so I had to throw it up. This is the very first movie I remember seeing as a kid and just hating. Please rip it apart!

51RACV484KL._SY445_.jpg

• Like 1

My Dad used to be a Manager for Walmart and some days after school we would be taken up to the store. There was a training room in the back where they would watch training videos, but on these days we’d get to go back there and watch a movie.  This was the only film back there. Ive watched it at least 20 times.  I remember nothing about it other than they shove a tranquilizer up the elephants butt.

38 minutes ago, NitsujRelis said:

My Dad used to be a Manager for Walmart and some days after school we would be taken up to the store. There was a training room in the back where they would watch training videos, but on these days we’d get to go back there and watch a movie.  This was the only film back there. Ive watched it at least 20 times.  I remember nothing about it other than they shove a tranquilizer up the elephants butt.

Yikes. You have my sympathies. 

And, I don't if this makes it better or worse, but apparently it's based on a true story as well. http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1995/jul/31/elephant-airlift-the-story-behind-dumbo-drop-is/

2 hours ago, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

Didnt this come out like really close to the Bill Murray elephant movie as well?

This did came out a year before Larger Than Life.

3 hours ago, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

Didnt this come out like really close to the Bill Murray elephant movie as well?

I had to google "Bill Murray elephant movie" because I had no idea. Looks like Larger than Life is going in the queue. 

Apparently Tai the Elephant had a multi picture deal, because oddly enough its the same elephant in both movies. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 4:03 PM, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

Apparently Tai the Elephant had a multi picture deal, because oddly enough its the same elephant in both movies. 

That elephant had a great agent. 

She really did, in a span of four years she was in the original live action Jungle King, Dumbo Drop, Larger Than Life, and George of the Jungle. Which is a pretty solid run. 

• Like 1

This film it just bad, I remember seeing it as a kid and thinking what is this. Then never seeing it again until a couple of years ago when I spotted it and thought I would give it a re-watch as it couldnt be as bad as I remembered... nope it is actually even worse

On 10/12/2018 at 4:26 PM, NitsujRelis said:

I was about to say that I didn’t remember seeing this movie, but now I remember that. Weirdly, I also remember a hell of a lot of details about that scene, but nothing else about the rest of the movie.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this