Episode 139 — Win a Farmhouse

29 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

Today's Comedy Bang Bang is the total insider experience! Do you want sizzling hot entertainment news about your favorite podcasts and bands? You'll get it! Are you interested in what it's like to be on the hottest drama on television?Bob Odenkirkwill tell you all about it! Do you want to know everything there is to know about both property management and assassinations? First time guest Paul Luzak is here and he isn't holding back, so throw away your newspapers, magazines, and encyclopedias and get all the info you'll ever need on Comedy Bang Bang! It's historical, informational, and erotic!

#2 Kristopher Mills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

Congrats Scott. Your show has introduced me to the best of comedy and I thank you for it.

#3 David Thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

Bombshell? What's the show called -this- time?
(I've only listened to 5:30 so far NO SPOILERS PLEASE)
EDIT PS maybe im just tired, but I think this is the first time an episode title made me giggle on its own.

#4 Naylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

The way Scott is breaking the announcement to Bob, it's like he's really hoping his Dad will be proud of him.

Honestly though congratulations Scott, It's well-deserved and I hope it also means good things for the podcast and earwolf. Congrats also to Bob.

#5 silly ghost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:57 AM

@David the show is now called "Live! With Microphones"

#6 JoshuaDRazo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:29 AM

Sweet! I was just thinking I would love to hear Bob Odenkirk on the show again. Plus, we also get Brian Huskey!

#7 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

Congrats on the IFC show and to Bob's as well!

#8 Cody Nelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

So it's fine for Paul to ask questions after the floor has been closed? Scott completely let that fly, I'm surprised. Wonder if that would be allowed if he wasn't Scott's former landlord. CBB conspiracy? Gonna look into this more.

#9 Cody Nelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:36 AM

Also, much congrats to Scott. You're one of the main reasons I got into the comedy field. Everything you are involved with is always insanely high quality and hilarious. You deserve every bit of success you get, and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you.

#10 Jim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Congrats, Scott! Nobody deserves this more than you. Now, to call my parents about getting IFC.

#11 jsc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Congratulations, Scott! Anybody know if this will be carried on IFC Canada? If so, I'll ask my parents to get it for their granddaughter.

EDIT: Looking back, this post seems odd without the context of the show that it referenced. Oh well.

#12 Elliot1326655057

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

YOU SOLD OUT! YOU SOLD OUT! YOU SOLD OUT! - wrestling fans
Nah, jay kay, y'all. It's great news, I couldn't be happier for the CBB team.

#13 tom rognog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

The plugs theme was indeed great, and Bob's response to it was even better

#14 Jonny Marko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

Great to hear Bob on again. And really looking forward to the Vancouver show with David!!! Was kinda hoping PFT would be a part of their show since he's in Van for the festival but looks like he's not in the lineup for the closing show.

#15 Jonny Marko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Also can't wait for the CBB TV show. But I don't have cable or any sort of TV subscription, anyone else in the same boat? I feel like podcasting and other internet-based releases are the way of the future and that the traditional TV format is obsolete and should be on its way out by now. I'll still watch it any way I can; if I am forced to download it I will be donating more than appropriately.

#16 daveB from Oakland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

Scott, SHAME ON YOU for whoring yourself out to Chipotle and using your once-honorable programme as a forum to make us go and fornicate their burritos.

#17 Tommy Pinballs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Bob Odenkirk would rather eat Chipotle every day.

https://www.youtube....h?v=FQTTVeEoeo4

#18 JillianSed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNYC via LBC

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

Bob's reaction to the plug's song was adorable.

#19 Matt Miller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

I don't have IFC, but when the show is on I'm going to sit still in a quiet room, close my eyes, and imagine. I have a telepathic connection to Nielsen boxes, so I hope this works.

#20 Ryan Kelley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

Big congrants to Scott on the IFC show, I'm really looking forward to it. However I do have one question, will the podcast continue weekly once the show is on the air? Maybe he answered this in the show and I just wasn't being sharp-eared enough to hear it.