🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JustinLTate

The Flintstones (1994)

I've never met someone who legitimately enjoyed this stinking pile of poo. Seriously, it's must be by divine intervention that this movie hasn't been talked about yet. This film is stone cold horrible. (See what I did there?)

The first one must be picked on mainly for the adult-level stories that kids wouldn't get (embezzling among them), as well as the epic miscasting of Rosie O'Donnell as Betty and Elizabeth Taylor as Wilma's mother Pearl.

• Like 3

To be fair it's not like The Flintstones cartoon was particularly better in terms of writing or anything. I think the movies biggest flaw was trying to replicate the cartoon too closely. Which came from an era of some very un funny comedy.

• Like 2

A while back there was an article I read that talked about movies that people personally loved at one time, but with later viewing realize are actually bad. This topic stayed with me after reading it and various movies popped up for me. Oddly enough "The Flintstones" was one of them. I was really excited when this film came out as a kid and was pumped when the merchandise from McDonald's came out for this movie. It seemed like people really loved it when it came out in 94, but it seems now like a movie people have forgotten. I re-watched a good chunk of the movie today and now I see why. Long story short, the are so many scenes that go nowhere, it's unfunny, and has an overload of bad stone age puns. The one highlight of the movie I completely forgot about was the cameo from one of my all time favorite bands The B52's who played the main track for the movie.

• Like 2

As a kid, I wasn't sure why I liked this movie. But now I know it was for Halle Berry.563a7d8f1c9229d4220a391ef207bd2d.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kream15 said:

As a kid, I wasn't sure why I liked this movie. But now I know it was for Halle Berry.

Her character's name in that: Sharon Stone! Ten years later, the two of them would go on to be in Catwoman.

• Like 3

I don’t think this movie played at the theater I worked at, but there are SO many movies bad based on cartoons that came out in the early-mid 90s. Inspector Gadget, Mr. Magoo  (that one got protests) and Rocky and Bullwinkle, to name a few.

• Like 1