Jump to content
JulyDiaz

200th Mini Retrospective Clip Show Spectacular!

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

Well I know what I'm watching this holiday season

We can watch it together! I've got us cute outfits...

zack-morris-slater-shirtless.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

We can watch it together! I've got us cute outfits...

zack-morris-slater-shirtless.jpg

Wait am I Zack or you?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

#teamMrBelding

There is room for one more

MV5BMTIyZDJiY2YtMWMzYy00NjNmLThjOWMtOGJk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Cameron H. said:

Por vous...😘

Belding_lockerroom2.JPG

I don't think I can handle that much raw sex appeal

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

Wait am I Zack or you?

What does your heart tell you?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Cameron H. said:

What does your heart tell you?

You Zack me Slater

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, tomspanks said:

@grudlian. the bod you were looking for

Dennis Haskins IS Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in SAVED BY THE SKYSCRAPER!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Question for you all. Now that Halloween is over, I need a new theme for the movies I watch (because my life demands order). Since there aren’t that many Thanksgiving Movies - besides Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Dutch, and the Charlie Brown and Garfield Specials - I’m trying to find movies that are at least generally about gratitude, generosity, family, and thankfulness. It’s more the theme that matters, not the genre.

I’ve never seen them, but I’ve already placed Eat, Pray, Love, Tyler Perry’s Family Reunion, and The Pursuit of Happiness in my queue. Can you all think of anything else/better?

Thanks, guys! I know I can count on you!

(Of course, I only need enough for a few weeks, because once T-giving is over [maybe even slightly before], I am 100% on the Hallmark Christmas movie train and I’ll be on that sucker for the rest of the year :) )

Not a genre I'm really good at naming examples from, but the one I haven't seen that comes to mind that I'd be curious about would be Lynch's The Straight Story (which I've heard is very unLynchian).

It's been a long time, but maybe Tim Burton's Big Fish or Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr Fox.

I also want to say My Neighbor Totoro, but I'm not entirely sure why.

Three out of the four movies seem based around appreciating someone after they're gone, or afraid they're about to go. I don't know if that's a mental block I'm having there. I really don't watch a lot of family, life affirming movies.  =\

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, ol' eddy wrecks said:

Not a genre I'm really good at naming examples from, but the one I haven't seen that comes to mind that I'd be curious about would be Lynch's The Straight Story (which I've heard is very unLynchian).

On the surface, yes, it doesn't seem like a David Lynch movie but there are little touches that sneak in that are undeniably him. Just some dialogue stuff and Lynch's fascination with small town life that stick out.

27 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Dennis Haskins IS Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in SAVED BY THE SKYSCRAPER!

If you think I wouldn't watch Dennis Haskins in Skyscraper or The Rock in Saved By The Bell, you don't know me.

I think Rock could really improve the role of Mike the RA from The College Years.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, grudlian. said:

If you think I wouldn't watch Dennis Haskins in Skyscraper or The Rock in Saved By The Bell, you don't know me.

I think Rock could really improve the role of Mike the RA from The College Years.

Oh, I’m deadly serious. I will start a gofundme right now to see a shot for shot remake of Skyscraper staring Haskins.

As for The Rock replacing Mike, I’m gonna need to see his mullet game first before I commit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Oh, I’m deadly serious. I will start a gofundme right now to see a shot for shot remake of Skyscraper staring Haskins.

As for The Rock replacing Mike, I’m gonna need to see his mullet game first before I commit.

Who needs a mullet when you have this look in your repertoire?giphy.gif

This is from the same year as The College Years. So, I think we know who would make the better RA.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Who needs a mullet when you have this look in your repertoire?giphy.gif

This is from the same year as The College Years. So, I think we know who would make the better RA.

Right now there is an alternate reality in which Mike the RA plays Hobbs in the Fast movies...

Mike+Rogers.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Right now there is an alternate reality in which Mike the RA plays Hobbs in the Fast movies...

Mike+Rogers.JPG

I'd like to visit that universe but it's a net downgrade in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, grudlian. said:

Is Danica Mckellar the queen of holiday themed, made for tv romance movies now? I saw she's done 9 Hallmark movies since 2015

I can report as the person who works with Hallmark's posters that she is in just as many as every other go to star lol. I think Alicia Witt may even have her beat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Also I present to you all the best Letterboxd list in the world perfect for the season.

1. lol

2. No one is wearing green on Merry Ex-Mas or Home For Christmas Day. They are wearing blue plaid and turquoise respectively.

3. Cameron H, there is Love At The Thanksgiving Parade which I think qualifies as a Thanksgiving movie.

4. Seriously, lol.

5. Why do so many guys have stubble?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

No one is wearing green on Merry Ex-Mas or Home For Christmas Day. They are wearing blue plaid and turquoise respectively.

The red pushes them back into qualification.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

The red pushes them back into qualification.

I hate to be a stickler but the list is titled "red and green." I need to see both colors somewhere in their clothes.

29 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I can report as the person who works with Hallmark's posters that she is in just as many as every other go to star lol. I think Alicia Witt may even have her beat.

You work with the posters? As in you make them?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, grudlian. said:

I hate to be a stickler but the list is titled "red and green." I need to see both colors somewhere in their clothes.

You work with the posters? As in you make them?

Okay okay lol. I can't answer for Dean Cain, but at least with Home for Christmas it's obvious they were trying to be both Christmas-y and patriotic at the same time.

I don't make them, but I work for a TV listings company (basically we fill out all the information for cable guides) and so when we get Hallmark's posters they always have the date and what channel they'll be airing on. Well they also always repeat so the artwork can't have any mention of anything specific like that on it. So my job is to remove that and prepare them for air. They sent a handful of this year's batch of Christmas by the beginning of October, with the first of their holiday movies airing a week before Halloween 😐

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Oh, I’m deadly serious. I will start a gofundme right now to see a shot for shot remake of Skyscraper staring Haskins.

takemymoney.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×