🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 201.5 - Minisode 201.5

The problem with funny people at work, a letter from a real marine, and more on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Skyscraper, shares his special Pick of the Week, and the Movie Bitches review A Star Is Born. Plus, an exciting update on next week’s episode!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our new website over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

Jason is still not on Twitter

Paul called the Navy medic a real Marine. A Navy Medic is a sailor. They support Marines and are an important part of the mission but they are not in the Marine Corps. 

I didn't want to get into this in the main episode but the earthquake scientist reminded me. I was kind of confused at everyone's reactions to Skyscraper I'm comparison to San Andreas and Den Of Thieves.

Skyscraper is terrible but I thought it was so dumb that it was fun in parts. San Andreas I thought was super dull throughout even though it did make a slightly stronger family connection with Rock, Carla Gugino, and Alexandra Daddario. I really don't understand Jason's love for Den Of Thieves which is low quality Heat but isn't low quality enough to be fun. So, it's just a second rate action heist movie.

Has anyone else seen these movies? Am I wrong? Should I revisit these movies?

• Like 2

Two sequels from the same franchise covered in one year, that's rare! Plus, John Travolta is now officially king of HDTGM as he has now made 8 appearances on this show, surpassing Nicolas Cage and Sylvester Stallone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

You guys I made an audible groan when more Look Who's Talking was announced. I hate that family!

I screamed WHAT out loud and upset the cats. To be fair I was more upset than the cat.

• Like 5

I was expecting one of the live shows (like there is another with Seth Rogen, right?) so it was a surprise on two levels. 

Just finished watching Look Who’s Talking Now.  All I can say is - woof.  Can’t wait to hear what the hosts have to say this one.

• Like 1

Diane Keaton should be mortified ...but she also has Book Club to be ashamed about

Also all I was thinking is where is Shelley Miscavige?

• Like 4

On 11/16/2018 at 11:36 AM, grudlian. said:

I didn't want to get into this in the main episode but the earthquake scientist reminded me. I was kind of confused at everyone's reactions to Skyscraper I'm comparison to San Andreas and Den Of Thieves.

Skyscraper is terrible but I thought it was so dumb that it was fun in parts. San Andreas I thought was super dull throughout even though it did make a slightly stronger family connection with Rock, Carla Gugino, and Alexandra Daddario. I really don't understand Jason's love for Den Of Thieves which is low quality Heat but isn't low quality enough to be fun. So, it's just a second rate action heist movie.

I thought Den of Thieves was terrible and worthy candidate for the podcast

27 minutes ago, LTL said:

Diane Keaton should be mortified ...but she also has Book Club to be ashamed about

Or Because I Said So, Town and Country, The Other Sister, Hanging Up, The Big Wedding etc.

1 hour ago, LTL said:

Maybe not a great movie but Diane Keaton was great in Book Club.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:36 AM, grudlian. said:

I own San Andreas and I like it quite a bit. I think it's fun in a dumb way. I liked Skyscraper, as well, but it wasn't particularly memorable for me. I found it to be a bit ho-hum to be honest. Of the two, I thought SA was much more enjoyable, but that's just me. I'm a sucker for disaster movies.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SlidePocket said:

Or Because I Said So, Town and Country, The Other Sister, Hanging Up, The Big Wedding etc.

Still supporting Woody Allen...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

Still supporting Woody Allen...

I was just about to say that! I don't care how delightful you are supporting Woody Allen means you're trash.

• Like 2

Has Diane Keaton made a good movie in the past 30 years?

Edited by TomPretty
Fix

9 hours ago, TomPretty said:

Not since Something's Gotta Give, and that was 15 years ago!

11 hours ago, TomPretty said:

This is a shame because even in her early mediocre movies, she's still fantastic. Why is she not getting good movies (besides Hollywood not having roles for older women)? Certainly any casting director would want to short list her for any older woman roles in their movie.

First Wives Club I think is what set the tone in terms of the level of quality of her following movies. Accepting the role of a poodle really does seem to have been the moment of her downfall. 

And I say this as someone who loves First Wives Club despite all of its numerous problems. 

On 11/19/2018 at 12:00 AM, TomPretty said:

She made the Family Stone and I love that movie to my soul. Fight me.

• Like 2

They really need to do Family Stone at some point. Its almost the perfect holiday movie to watch with your family, because whatever drama you have going on in your life it doesnt hold a candle to the trainwreck that unfolds onscreen.